Duchovny and Anderson say they want more 'X-Files'
NEW YORK (AP) - After 20 years, it's possible for the details of a relationship to get fuzzy.
Just ask David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson, who first premiered their roles as FBI agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully on "The X-Files" two decades ago. The series aired nine seasons and resulted in two feature films.
While the two were unsure where they left their relationship in the show and films, the 53-year-old Duchovny and 45-year-old Anderson both said they're open to making a third "X-Files" movie.
The actors got together Saturday to mark the 20th Anniversary of the series' premiere. They participated in a panel discussion for fans at The Paley Center for Media in New York.
When asked where their characters left off, the two weren't completely clear on the specifics.
"Well they (Mulder and Scully) were married the last movie," Duchovny said, referring to 2008's "The X-Files: I Want to Believe."
"Were we actually married?" Anderson asked.
"I believe so. That was my impression," he responded.
Their characters did become romantically involved in the TV series and were a couple during the 2008 movie. However, it was not clear whether they were married.
The both are clear, however, about their interest in another "X-Files" film.
"All the principals are on board," including "X-Files" creator Chris Carter, Duchovny said. "Gillian and I want to do it, so it's really up to Twentieth Century Fox at this point."
Anderson said if fans want another film they should let their voices be heard.
"If it takes fan encouragement to get Fox interested in that then I guess that's what it would be."
An email message sent to Twentieth Century Fox seeking comment on Saturday was not immediately returned.
For an indefinite future, Duchovny and Anderson spent a lot of time over the weekend promoting the franchise. They appeared at Comic-Con in New York and also took part in a "ask me anything" session on the website Reddit.
Alicia Rancilio covers entertainment for The Associated Press. Follow her online at http://www.twitter.com/aliciar
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- High Octane Hour with Arizona State's Graham begins next week
- ASU unveils new uniforms; is it still cutting-edge when everybody's doing it?
- ASU linebacker Marcus Washington: 'I just love hitting people'
- Arizona State Sun Devils unveil alternate football uniform
- ASU Sun Devils ranked No. 19 in AP preseason poll
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!