ASU's Sutton named midseason All-American by USA Today
Sutton -- though he's averaging a pedestrian three tackles per game with 2.5 total tackles for loss and one sack -- earned a number of preseason recognitions. Sutton was named to the preseason watch lists for the Rotary Lombardi Award, awarded to the nation's most outstanding down lineman, and the Walter Camp Player of the Year Award.
Sutton was named the 2012 Pat Tillman Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year and a consensus All-American after recording 23.5 tackles for loss and 13 sacks as a junior. Sutton elected to turn down the NFL and return to ASU for his senior season.
The 6-foot-1, 305-pounder is joined on the list by Oregon quarterback Marcus Mariota, Washington running back Bishop Sankey, UCLA offensive lineman Xavier Su'a-Filo and linebacker Anthony Barr, and Stanford safety Ed Reynolds and returner Ty Montgomery.
ASU's defense ranks fifth in the Pac-12 in total defense and ninth in scoring defense. Sutton is ASU's 10th-leading tackler. The Sun Devils continue their season on Saturday, when they host No. 20 Washington at 3 p.m. at Sun Devil Stadium.
- ASU's Todd Graham a finalist for Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year Award
- Doug Franz College Football Playoff - Final
- Bowls feature impressive gift packages for participating teams
- Arizona State accepts invitation to play in 2013 Holiday Bowl against Texas Tech
- Some things are more disappointing than Arizona State's loss to Stanford
- Glenn Parker, Pac-12 Network football analyst - Friday December 6Glenn Parker previews the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Joe Schad, ESPN college football reporter - Friday December 6A national perspective on the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game
- J.R. Redmond, former ASU running back - Friday December 6Redmond discussed the similarities between the 96 ASU team and this year's edition.
- Bickley Blast - Friday December 6Setting the stage for the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game.
- Jean Boyd, ASU Associate AD - Friday December 6Boyd explains the importance of ASU football's "Rock Walk" tradition