Updated Oct 16, 2013 - 2:58 pm
Healthy Jaxon Hood 'vital' to taming Huskies' running attack
"I was rehabbing about four times a day for three weeks straight...it was good to finally take off that green jersey and get some reps against Colorado."
He hopes those reps are helping him prepare to stop Washington's powerful running attack.
ASU's coaching staff told him he has the potential to be an elite run-stopper following his freshman year, and Hood took that to heart.
"I worked the hardest in the off-season on stopping the run and taking double teams," he said.
Saturday will be a day of judgment in assessing how much his hard work has paid off. Stopping Bishop Sankey, the nation's second-leading rusher, is as authentic a measuring stick as he'll find for the rest of the season. Hood's fully aware of the challenge ahead.
"When they play to their potential, they're (Washington) the best team in the (Pac-12) North, in my honest opinion."
Coach Todd Graham has similar sentiments for the Huskies, praising their athleticism and overall talent that will be the toughest they face until the postseason.
He's happy to have one of his best plugs back to take some pressure away from Will Sutton and rest of the D-line.
"It really hurt us a lot more than what I was anticipating it would losing him. He's vital to what we're doing, and he's just scratching the surface at how good he's going to be."
Hood is confident he'll rise to the occasion, and is zoned in on showcasing his strengths.
"I'm fired up to be back doing what my little short self does best...taking on that double team."
Hood joked that being injured had a bit of a silver lining.
"That's how you meet some girls, limping around and carrying your backpack."
- ASU unveils new uniforms; is it still cutting-edge when everybody's doing it?
- ASU linebacker Marcus Washington: 'I just love hitting people'
- Arizona State Sun Devils unveil alternate football uniform
- ASU Sun Devils ranked No. 19 in AP preseason poll
- ASU offensive coordinator Mike Norvell in line for head coaching job?
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!