'Glee' to end after season six, honoring Cory Monteith
Murphy explained the recent death of Cory Monteith led him to re-create the ending of the successful Fox series.
"The final year of the show, which will be next year, was designed around Rachel and Cory/Finn's story," Murphy said to an audience at a Paley Center event on Wednesday.
"I always knew that, I always knew how it would end. I knew what the last shot was, he was in it. I knew what the last line was, she said it to him. So when a tragedy like that happens you sort of have to pause and figure out what you want to do, so we're figuring that out now."
This news comes one week after the show aired the emotional "Goodbye to Finn" episode, where the cast laid to rest Monteith's character, Finn Hudson.
Murphy added that the series finale will once again honor the late "Glee" star.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.
- Willie Bloomquist, Seattle Mariners infielder & former Sun Devil - Wednesday June 18Is managing in former Sun Devil Willie Bloomquist’s future?