ASU's Todd Graham wary of Washington QB Keith Price
That attention is understandable; the junior from Spokane is second in the nation with 899 rushing yards through six games and already has run for 160 yards or more four times this season. Containing him would go a long way toward a Sun Devil victory.
But ASU head coach Todd Graham is also very aware of the man who makes the Huskies' eighth-ranked offense go -- quarterback Keith Price.
"He's got a really live arm, a guy that makes everything work and extends plays -- that's the biggest challenge you have with him," Graham told Doug and Wolf on Arizona Sports 620 Friday. "He really extends plays, he maintains himself as a thrower and he's got one of the best running backs in the country standing beside him that he hands the ball off to."
Price, a senior from Compton, Calif., is a seasoned signal-caller -- he'll be making his 33rd career start Saturday, and he's Washington's all-time leader in completion percentage, passing efficiency and touchdown passes.
"He has an understanding that he has a lot of talent around him and he utilizes them," Graham said. "I'll be honest with you, the most talented team we've played to this point is USC, physically and (Washington) is right there with them. The receivers, the running backs, they're that talented."
But Graham didn't shy away from sharing his formula to a Sun Devil victory.
"That's the key to the game, can we get (Price) rattled? Can we force turnovers, can we do those things," he asked before again talking about Price's slippery nature.
"The way he extends plays is the challenge. You've got to stay on your man, you can't give up any cheap ones."
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Sun Devils ranked 18th in preseason coaches poll
- ASU's Todd Graham: 'This is the best offensive team I've been around'
- ESPN ranks ASU's Taylor Kelly and Jaelen Strong among top 100 players in college football
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Tracy Smith, ASU Baseball Head Coach - Thursday July 31ASU baseball’s new head coach Tracy Smith talks about taking over the program.
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Thursday July 31Head coach Todd Graham talks about the upcoming season of ASU football.
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.