ASU's Todd Graham wary of Washington QB Keith Price
That attention is understandable; the junior from Spokane is second in the nation with 899 rushing yards through six games and already has run for 160 yards or more four times this season. Containing him would go a long way toward a Sun Devil victory.
But ASU head coach Todd Graham is also very aware of the man who makes the Huskies' eighth-ranked offense go -- quarterback Keith Price.
"He's got a really live arm, a guy that makes everything work and extends plays -- that's the biggest challenge you have with him," Graham told Doug and Wolf on Arizona Sports 620 Friday. "He really extends plays, he maintains himself as a thrower and he's got one of the best running backs in the country standing beside him that he hands the ball off to."
Price, a senior from Compton, Calif., is a seasoned signal-caller -- he'll be making his 33rd career start Saturday, and he's Washington's all-time leader in completion percentage, passing efficiency and touchdown passes.
"He has an understanding that he has a lot of talent around him and he utilizes them," Graham said. "I'll be honest with you, the most talented team we've played to this point is USC, physically and (Washington) is right there with them. The receivers, the running backs, they're that talented."
But Graham didn't shy away from sharing his formula to a Sun Devil victory.
"That's the key to the game, can we get (Price) rattled? Can we force turnovers, can we do those things," he asked before again talking about Price's slippery nature.
"The way he extends plays is the challenge. You've got to stay on your man, you can't give up any cheap ones."
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- ASU students anxiously anticipate Pac-12 Championship
- ASU Associate AD Rocky Harris: ‘Haven't seen this kind of excitement since 1996'
- ASU defense ready for the challenge presented by Stanford's power running game
- ESPN Radio College GameDay to be in Tempe
- Former ASU star Jake Plummer sees himself in Taylor Kelly
- Jake Plummer, Pac-12 Network College Football Analyst - Thursday December 5Jake the Snake shares inspiring insight into ASU football and the Tillman Tunnel
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday December 4The Pac 12 Championship will be a moment to remember at Sun Devil Stadium
- Tom Luginbill, ESPN College Football Analyst - Wednesday December 4A national perspective on the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Larry Scott, Commissioner of the Pac-12 Conference - Tuesday December 3Scott previews the Pac-12 championship game.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday December 3May Day previews the Pac-12 Championship game.