ASU's Todd Graham wary of Washington QB Keith Price
That attention is understandable; the junior from Spokane is second in the nation with 899 rushing yards through six games and already has run for 160 yards or more four times this season. Containing him would go a long way toward a Sun Devil victory.
But ASU head coach Todd Graham is also very aware of the man who makes the Huskies' eighth-ranked offense go -- quarterback Keith Price.
"He's got a really live arm, a guy that makes everything work and extends plays -- that's the biggest challenge you have with him," Graham told Doug and Wolf on Arizona Sports 620 Friday. "He really extends plays, he maintains himself as a thrower and he's got one of the best running backs in the country standing beside him that he hands the ball off to."
Price, a senior from Compton, Calif., is a seasoned signal-caller -- he'll be making his 33rd career start Saturday, and he's Washington's all-time leader in completion percentage, passing efficiency and touchdown passes.
"He has an understanding that he has a lot of talent around him and he utilizes them," Graham said. "I'll be honest with you, the most talented team we've played to this point is USC, physically and (Washington) is right there with them. The receivers, the running backs, they're that talented."
But Graham didn't shy away from sharing his formula to a Sun Devil victory.
"That's the key to the game, can we get (Price) rattled? Can we force turnovers, can we do those things," he asked before again talking about Price's slippery nature.
"The way he extends plays is the challenge. You've got to stay on your man, you can't give up any cheap ones."
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Former Arizona State RB Marion Grice stars for Chargers in preseason finale
- Sun Devil Supplement: Notes from ASU's opener vs. Weber State
- Stagnant or statement
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.
- Bill Hancock - College Football Playoff executive director - Wednesday August 27How will the playoff system impact college football?