ASU's Todd Graham wary of Washington QB Keith Price
That attention is understandable; the junior from Spokane is second in the nation with 899 rushing yards through six games and already has run for 160 yards or more four times this season. Containing him would go a long way toward a Sun Devil victory.
But ASU head coach Todd Graham is also very aware of the man who makes the Huskies' eighth-ranked offense go -- quarterback Keith Price.
"He's got a really live arm, a guy that makes everything work and extends plays -- that's the biggest challenge you have with him," Graham told Doug and Wolf on Arizona Sports 620 Friday. "He really extends plays, he maintains himself as a thrower and he's got one of the best running backs in the country standing beside him that he hands the ball off to."
Price, a senior from Compton, Calif., is a seasoned signal-caller -- he'll be making his 33rd career start Saturday, and he's Washington's all-time leader in completion percentage, passing efficiency and touchdown passes.
"He has an understanding that he has a lot of talent around him and he utilizes them," Graham said. "I'll be honest with you, the most talented team we've played to this point is USC, physically and (Washington) is right there with them. The receivers, the running backs, they're that talented."
But Graham didn't shy away from sharing his formula to a Sun Devil victory.
"That's the key to the game, can we get (Price) rattled? Can we force turnovers, can we do those things," he asked before again talking about Price's slippery nature.
"The way he extends plays is the challenge. You've got to stay on your man, you can't give up any cheap ones."
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- ASU hires Patrick Suddes as assistant athletics director for recruiting
- ASU's Will Sutton, Carl Bradford work out for scouts at NFL Combine
- Arizona RB Ka'Deem Carey records slow 40-yard dash time, ASU RB Marion Grice doesn't participate
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.
- Rick Neuheisel, Pac-12 football analyst - Wednesday March 5Why is the drop back quarterback losing steam in college football?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- Herb Sendek, ASU basketball coach - Tuesday March 4Herb Sendek talks about the upcoming game against Oregon, and the decision to come home in between r