ASU kicker Zane Gonzalez named Pac-12 Special Teams Player of the Week
Gonzalez was perfect, going four-for-four on field goal attempts, and added five extra points to total 17 points for the game. The freshman has made 11 straight field goals, bringing him up to 15-of-18 on the year, and ranks fifth nationally at 11.4 points per game.
Gonzalez also leads the Pac-12 and is second in the country with 2.1 field goals per game. He's the second Sun Devil to be named a Pac-12 Player of the Week this year, the previous being safety Alden Darby's honor following their game against USC.
Also recognized this week were Arizona running back Ka'Deem Carey and Stanford safety Jordan Richards. Carey had a school-record 40 carries, racking up 236 rushing yards and the game-winning touchdown as the Wildcats topped the Utah Utes in Tucson, Ariz. Richards had two interceptions and a team-high 10 tackles during Stanford's home victory over UCLA.
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Former Arizona State RB Marion Grice shines for Chargers in preseason finale
- Sun Devil Supplement: Notes from ASU's opener vs. Weber State
- Stagnant or statement
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.