Updated Oct 23, 2013 - 7:50 am
Arizona State AD Patterson: Sun Devils should be ranked right now
Yet, even though they just dismantled then-20th ranked Washington by a score of 53-24, they also find themselves outside of the top 25 in the polls.
Asked about his team's exclusion, ASU athletic director Steve Patterson told Arizona Sports 620's Bickley with Marotta he feels the Devils have played well enough to be included.
"It's tough to get up there," he said. "It's tough if you've got two losses right now, but you beat the number 20 team in the country.
"Notre Dame was ranked at the beginning of the year, USC was ranked at the beginning of the year."
Patterson noted that ASU is 26th in the AP Top 25 Poll, so it is not as if the team is struggling for recognition.
Rankings or not, Patterson said the goal is for the Sun Devils to win the Pac-12 South and then a couple postseason games. Do that, and they'll definitely be ranked appropriately.
"I'd like to see us be back up there in the rankings," he said. "I think we ought to be."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- ASU unveils new uniforms; is it still cutting-edge when everybody's doing it?
- ASU linebacker Marcus Washington: 'I just love hitting people'
- Arizona State Sun Devils unveil alternate football uniform
- ASU Sun Devils ranked No. 19 in AP preseason poll
- ASU offensive coordinator Mike Norvell in line for head coaching job?
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!
- Mike Norvell, offensive coordinator ASU football - Tuesday August 12How does coach Norvell feel about ASU's offense heading into camp?