Updated Oct 23, 2013 - 7:50 am
Arizona State AD Patterson: Sun Devils should be ranked right now
Yet, even though they just dismantled then-20th ranked Washington by a score of 53-24, they also find themselves outside of the top 25 in the polls.
Asked about his team's exclusion, ASU athletic director Steve Patterson told Arizona Sports 620's Bickley with Marotta he feels the Devils have played well enough to be included.
"It's tough to get up there," he said. "It's tough if you've got two losses right now, but you beat the number 20 team in the country.
"Notre Dame was ranked at the beginning of the year, USC was ranked at the beginning of the year."
Patterson noted that ASU is 26th in the AP Top 25 Poll, so it is not as if the team is struggling for recognition.
Rankings or not, Patterson said the goal is for the Sun Devils to win the Pac-12 South and then a couple postseason games. Do that, and they'll definitely be ranked appropriately.
"I'd like to see us be back up there in the rankings," he said. "I think we ought to be."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Former Arizona State RB Marion Grice shines for Chargers in preseason finale
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.