ASU's Alden Darby named Lott IMPACT Trophy quarterfinalist
IMPACT is an acronym that stands for Integrity, Maturity, Performance, Academics, Community and Tenacity.
Darby, a product of Millikan High in Long Beach, Calif., is currently third on the team with 31 total tackles, is tied for the team-lead in interceptions and leads the squad with seven passes defended.
In 2012, the team captain was also the first Sun Devil to wear the Pat Tillman Practice Jersey, a creation of head coach Todd Graham to reward players who exude the positive aspects of the football program and the university.
Eight semifinalists will be announced November 13 and the winner will be revealed December 8 at the 10th annual Lott IMPACT Trophy Banquet in Newport Beach, Calif.
2013 Lott IMPACT Trophy Quarterfinalists
Anthony Barr,LB, UCLA
Chirs Borland, LB, Wisconsin
Max Bullough, LB, Michigan State
Ibraheim Campbell, DB, Northwestern
Alden Darby, DB, Arizona State
Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh
Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, DB, Oregon
Bryce Hager, LB, Baylor
Lamarcus Joyner, DB, Florida State
Eric Kendricks, LB, UCLA
Devon Kennard, LB, USC
James Morris, LB, Iowa
C.J. Mosley, LB, Alabama
Ed Reynolds, S, Stanford
Ryan Shazier, LB, Ohio State
Spencer Shuey, LB, Clemson
Derron Smith, DB, Fresno State
Stephon Tuitt, DL, Notre Dame
Kyle Van Noy, LB, BYU
Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- ASU's Mo Latu losing weight and gaining confidence
- ASU A.D. Anderson: New fee gives students more ownership of Sun Devil athletics
- ASU AD: Overtraining still a serious problem for student-athletes
- ASU and LSU agree to home-and-home series in 2022, 2023
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday March 27Ray Anderson looks back on the Sun Devil men's basketball season.