ASU quarterback Taylor Kelly named Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Week
The previous two weeks, Arizona running back Ka'Deem Carey and quarterback B.J. Denker took claim to the conference's top offensive honor.
Monday, however, the award took a short, two-hour detour north to Tempe.
That's because following his career performance in Arizona State's 55-21 win over Washington State, junior quarterback Taylor Kelly was named the Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Week.
In the Sun Devils' 34-point victory, Kelly completed 22-of-31 passes for 275 yards and five touchdowns. He also had 13 rushes for 66 yards and two touchdowns.
The seven total touchdowns were a personal best for Kelly.
Kelly is the second ASU player to win one of the conference's weekly awards. Safety Alden Darby was named the Defensive Player of the Week back on Sept. 30.
- Sun Devils ranked 18th in preseason coaches poll
- ASU's Todd Graham: 'This is the best offensive team I've been around'
- ESPN ranks ASU's Taylor Kelly and Jaelen Strong among top 100 players in college football
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Tracy Smith, ASU Baseball Head Coach - Thursday July 31ASU baseball’s new head coach Tracy Smith talks about taking over the program.
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Thursday July 31Head coach Todd Graham talks about the upcoming season of ASU football.
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.