Updated Nov 4, 2013 - 3:14 pm
Arizona State's Zane Gonzalez semifinalist for Lou Groza Award
The award, which is presented by the Orange Bowl Committee, is given to the nation's top placekicker each year. Gonzalez, a true freshman, leads all FBS kickers with 11.6 points per game and has made 13 straight field goals dating back to the Sun Devils' game against USC on Sept. 28.
Gonzalez is the fourth Sun Devil to be named a semifinalist for the Groza Award, the first since Thomas Weber won it in 2007. He's made 85 percent of his field goal attempts and is 42-of-43 on extra point attempts. Against Washington, Gonzalez tied the ASU record for most field goals in a game, converting all four of his attempts in the win.
Gonzalez's 17 made field goals already place him 10th in Sun Devil history, 11 behind Luis Zendejas' record of 28 set in 1983.
The three finalists will be announced on Nov. 25 and the winner of the award will be announced on Dec. 12 on ESPN at the Home Depot College Football Awards Show.
- ASU's Todd Graham a finalist for Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year Award
- Doug Franz College Football Playoff - Final
- Bowls feature impressive gift packages for participating teams
- Arizona State accepts invitation to play in 2013 Holiday Bowl against Texas Tech
- Some things are more disappointing than Arizona State's loss to Stanford
- Ed Cunningham, ESPN College Football Analyst - Monday December 9ASU's heartbreaking loss, the other Championship Saturday games and Selection Sunday.
- Glenn Parker, Pac-12 Network football analyst - Friday December 6Glenn Parker previews the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Joe Schad, ESPN college football reporter - Friday December 6A national perspective on the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game
- J.R. Redmond, former ASU running back - Friday December 6Redmond discussed the similarities between the 96 ASU team and this year's edition.
- Bickley Blast - Friday December 6Setting the stage for the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game.