ASU President Michael Crow's statement on Steve Patterson leaving for Texas
During his stay at ASU, Steve Patterson has positioned Sun Devil Athletics to continue its forward momentum well into the future. He first became involved with ASU three years ago to put the university's athletic department on a sound financial footing and that is exactly what he has done. I well understand his desire to return to his home state and wish him well at the University of Texas.
ASU's varsity teams rank high across the board in their achievements on the field of competition and in the classroom. With the opportunity to win Pac-12 and national championships and to renovate Sun Devil Stadium, the position of vice president of athletics at ASU will be attractive to a wide range of candidates across the country. We do not intend to slow our forward progress in the least and have appointed Senior Vice President James Rund as interim athletic director while we conduct a national search. Dr. Rund will be capably assisted by a staff of senior associate athletic directors who have been part of the ASU team from 10 to 30 years.
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Herb Sendek, ASU basketball coach - Tuesday March 11ASU basketball coach Herb Sendek discusses the Pac-12 tournament.
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was