ASU President Michael Crow's statement on Steve Patterson leaving for Texas
During his stay at ASU, Steve Patterson has positioned Sun Devil Athletics to continue its forward momentum well into the future. He first became involved with ASU three years ago to put the university's athletic department on a sound financial footing and that is exactly what he has done. I well understand his desire to return to his home state and wish him well at the University of Texas.
ASU's varsity teams rank high across the board in their achievements on the field of competition and in the classroom. With the opportunity to win Pac-12 and national championships and to renovate Sun Devil Stadium, the position of vice president of athletics at ASU will be attractive to a wide range of candidates across the country. We do not intend to slow our forward progress in the least and have appointed Senior Vice President James Rund as interim athletic director while we conduct a national search. Dr. Rund will be capably assisted by a staff of senior associate athletic directors who have been part of the ASU team from 10 to 30 years.
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Former Arizona State RB Marion Grice shines for Chargers in preseason finale
- Sun Devil Supplement: Notes from ASU's opener vs. Weber State
- Stagnant or statement
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.