Updated Nov 5, 2013 - 1:19 pm
Texas insider: UT likely not after Todd Graham
Watching football coach Todd Graham leave, too? That would be devastating.
Pretty much from the moment it was learned Patterson accepted the Texas job, speculation about Graham's future began. A prevailing thought is Mack Brown, the current coach at UT, may be out after this season, meaning Patterson would be tasked with finding a replacement. Is it possible Graham, a Texas native, would be a candidate?
"I don't think that, up to this point, his name would even be on the radar," Chip Brown of OrangeBloods.com told Bickley with Marotta Tuesday. "Now, it may be."
Brown noted that right now, Texas' sights seem to be set on Alabama coach Nick Saban, who would be the first person the school goes after should it part with Brown.
The notion that Graham could join Patterson is not unreasonable, especially given the connection the two share. However, Brown made it clear Texas very much believes it has a shot at the Crimson Tide coach.
"I don't think there's been any throttling down of interest in whether Texas can land Saban, and that's probably going to be the first call made," he said. "And after that, who knows."
Graham is 14-7 (9-5) with Arizona State, and his team is currently in the Pac-12 South title race with a 6-2 (4-1) mark.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Michael Crow and Larry Scott agree that change needs to happen
- ASU president Michael Crow: compensate coaches on performance
- Arizona State picked to finish third in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- The Pulse: Fans expecting 8 or 9 Arizona State wins in 2014
- Vince Marotta's 2014 Pac-12 Preview: Oregon Ducks back on top
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.