Updated Nov 5, 2013 - 1:19 pm
Texas insider: UT likely not after Todd Graham
Watching football coach Todd Graham leave, too? That would be devastating.
Pretty much from the moment it was learned Patterson accepted the Texas job, speculation about Graham's future began. A prevailing thought is Mack Brown, the current coach at UT, may be out after this season, meaning Patterson would be tasked with finding a replacement. Is it possible Graham, a Texas native, would be a candidate?
"I don't think that, up to this point, his name would even be on the radar," Chip Brown of OrangeBloods.com told Bickley with Marotta Tuesday. "Now, it may be."
Brown noted that right now, Texas' sights seem to be set on Alabama coach Nick Saban, who would be the first person the school goes after should it part with Brown.
The notion that Graham could join Patterson is not unreasonable, especially given the connection the two share. However, Brown made it clear Texas very much believes it has a shot at the Crimson Tide coach.
"I don't think there's been any throttling down of interest in whether Texas can land Saban, and that's probably going to be the first call made," he said. "And after that, who knows."
Graham is 14-7 (9-5) with Arizona State, and his team is currently in the Pac-12 South title race with a 6-2 (4-1) mark.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- ASU quarterback Taylor Kelly caps spring with successful scrimmage performance
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- ASU's Mo Latu losing weight and gaining confidence
- ASU A.D. Anderson: New fee gives students more ownership of Sun Devil athletics
- ASU AD: Overtraining still a serious problem for student-athletes
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.