Updated Nov 5, 2013 - 1:19 pm
Texas insider: UT likely not after Todd Graham
Watching football coach Todd Graham leave, too? That would be devastating.
Pretty much from the moment it was learned Patterson accepted the Texas job, speculation about Graham's future began. A prevailing thought is Mack Brown, the current coach at UT, may be out after this season, meaning Patterson would be tasked with finding a replacement. Is it possible Graham, a Texas native, would be a candidate?
"I don't think that, up to this point, his name would even be on the radar," Chip Brown of OrangeBloods.com told Bickley with Marotta Tuesday. "Now, it may be."
Brown noted that right now, Texas' sights seem to be set on Alabama coach Nick Saban, who would be the first person the school goes after should it part with Brown.
The notion that Graham could join Patterson is not unreasonable, especially given the connection the two share. However, Brown made it clear Texas very much believes it has a shot at the Crimson Tide coach.
"I don't think there's been any throttling down of interest in whether Texas can land Saban, and that's probably going to be the first call made," he said. "And after that, who knows."
Graham is 14-7 (9-5) with Arizona State, and his team is currently in the Pac-12 South title race with a 6-2 (4-1) mark.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.