Updated Nov 5, 2013 - 8:19 pm
Steve Patterson's statement on leaving ASU for Texas job
Patterson, who was named the AD at ASU in March 2012, released the following statement regarding his decision to leave the school:
"I am extremely proud of what we've been able to accomplish during my years at ASU. We graduated our student-athletes at a record rate, we grew our business, we reconnected with the community and we continued our success in each of our 22 sports. At the end of the day, I decided to take the Athletics Director's position at my alma mater because it is an opportunity I just couldn't pass up. I look forward to continuing to build upon the great work of DeLoss Dodds. I spent nearly 9 years as an Austin resident and student at The University of Texas. My family has lived in Texas for over 40 years. I have many ties that run deep there with business associates, friends and family, including my 92-year old mother, my brother and members of my wife's family. We are all excited to have the opportunity to come home.
"While I'm very excited about the opportunity at Texas, at the same time, I'm disappointed that I won't be at ASU to see all of the great projects that started during my tenure come to fruition. Dr. Crow has given Sun Devil Athletics every resource we needed to be successful. He has consistently supported me and my family in Tempe and I know he will continue to support Sun Devil Athletics in the years to come. I am leaving behind a very talented staff and I'm working with Dr. Crow to develop a transition plan that will assure that Sun Devil Athletics doesn't miss a beat in my absence.
"I appreciate everything the ASU community has done to make my family and I feel welcome here in the valley."
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Michael Crow and Larry Scott agree that change needs to happen
- ASU president Michael Crow: compensate coaches on performance
- Arizona State picked to finish third in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.