ESPN's May: Pac-12 South to come down to ASU and UCLA
Yet, when asked by Burns and Gambo who he thinks is going to win the Pac-12 South, he put whatever perceived "hate" there may be and gave an honest answer.
"Right now, you've got to say it's got to be Arizona State," he said. "They've scored at least 50 points in their last three games.
"Or UCLA, one of those two teams."
The 22nd-ranked Sun Devils and 19th-ranked Bruins are the favorites right now, with ASU boasting a 4-1 conference mark to UCLA's 3-2. The teams are set to play each other on Nov. 23 at the Rose Bowl in CA, and if neither loses a game until then the matchup will likely determine the Pac-12 South.
However, May believes USC, who the Sun Devils beat earlier in the season, will "sneak up and get somebody" in the next few weeks. And if that's UCLA, then the Devils' road will likely include a trip to the conference championship game.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Former Arizona State RB Marion Grice shines for Chargers in preseason finale
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.