ESPN's May: Pac-12 South to come down to ASU and UCLA
Yet, when asked by Burns and Gambo who he thinks is going to win the Pac-12 South, he put whatever perceived "hate" there may be and gave an honest answer.
"Right now, you've got to say it's got to be Arizona State," he said. "They've scored at least 50 points in their last three games.
"Or UCLA, one of those two teams."
The 22nd-ranked Sun Devils and 19th-ranked Bruins are the favorites right now, with ASU boasting a 4-1 conference mark to UCLA's 3-2. The teams are set to play each other on Nov. 23 at the Rose Bowl in CA, and if neither loses a game until then the matchup will likely determine the Pac-12 South.
However, May believes USC, who the Sun Devils beat earlier in the season, will "sneak up and get somebody" in the next few weeks. And if that's UCLA, then the Devils' road will likely include a trip to the conference championship game.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- ESPN ranks ASU's Taylor Kelly and Jaelen Strong among top 100 players in college football
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Michael Crow and Larry Scott agree that change needs to happen
- ASU president Michael Crow: compensate coaches on performance
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.