ESPN's May: Pac-12 South to come down to ASU and UCLA
Yet, when asked by Burns and Gambo who he thinks is going to win the Pac-12 South, he put whatever perceived "hate" there may be and gave an honest answer.
"Right now, you've got to say it's got to be Arizona State," he said. "They've scored at least 50 points in their last three games.
"Or UCLA, one of those two teams."
The 22nd-ranked Sun Devils and 19th-ranked Bruins are the favorites right now, with ASU boasting a 4-1 conference mark to UCLA's 3-2. The teams are set to play each other on Nov. 23 at the Rose Bowl in CA, and if neither loses a game until then the matchup will likely determine the Pac-12 South.
However, May believes USC, who the Sun Devils beat earlier in the season, will "sneak up and get somebody" in the next few weeks. And if that's UCLA, then the Devils' road will likely include a trip to the conference championship game.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.