ESPN's May: Pac-12 South to come down to ASU and UCLA
Yet, when asked by Burns and Gambo who he thinks is going to win the Pac-12 South, he put whatever perceived "hate" there may be and gave an honest answer.
"Right now, you've got to say it's got to be Arizona State," he said. "They've scored at least 50 points in their last three games.
"Or UCLA, one of those two teams."
The 22nd-ranked Sun Devils and 19th-ranked Bruins are the favorites right now, with ASU boasting a 4-1 conference mark to UCLA's 3-2. The teams are set to play each other on Nov. 23 at the Rose Bowl in CA, and if neither loses a game until then the matchup will likely determine the Pac-12 South.
However, May believes USC, who the Sun Devils beat earlier in the season, will "sneak up and get somebody" in the next few weeks. And if that's UCLA, then the Devils' road will likely include a trip to the conference championship game.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- ASU unveils new uniforms; is it still cutting-edge when everybody's doing it?
- ASU linebacker Marcus Washington: 'I just love hitting people'
- Arizona State Sun Devils unveil alternate football uniform
- ASU Sun Devils ranked No. 19 in AP preseason poll
- ASU offensive coordinator Mike Norvell in line for head coaching job?
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!
- Mike Norvell, offensive coordinator ASU football - Tuesday August 12How does coach Norvell feel about ASU's offense heading into camp?