ASU interim AD: ‘We're going to stay the course'
As you'd expect, he was short and sharp and positive.
"We're going to stay the course -- full steam ahead," Rund said in a statement to the media in attendance at ASU's football practice Wednesday.
"We've got a great coaching staff, superb student athletes. All want to compete at the highest level. All want to win championships. We've got a terrific support staff behind them, a great administrative team, some new people who have brought terrific new talent and a stable of longstanding, hard-working ASU employees who know how to support a world-class athletic program."
Rund then reiterated his message.
"That's our goal, is to stay the course."
The administrator has never before held an athletics-related title, for either ASU or another university, but the school's president, Michael Crow, has stated his confidence in Rund, who has involvement with Sun Devil athletics.
Rund concluded his short media spot Wednesday by appealing to Sun Devils' fans to continue in their support of university athletics.
"For the fans: You've got to come out and support us. We've got the home opener(s) for men's and women's basketball this weekend and we need to see a full house and a full community supporting Arizona State University athletics."
Rund currently serves as the university's senior vice president for educational outreach and student services, holding degrees from ASU, North Dakota State University and Moorhead State University. He has previously held positions as the school's dean of student development and several others.
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.