ASU interim AD: ‘We're going to stay the course'
As you'd expect, he was short and sharp and positive.
"We're going to stay the course -- full steam ahead," Rund said in a statement to the media in attendance at ASU's football practice Wednesday.
"We've got a great coaching staff, superb student athletes. All want to compete at the highest level. All want to win championships. We've got a terrific support staff behind them, a great administrative team, some new people who have brought terrific new talent and a stable of longstanding, hard-working ASU employees who know how to support a world-class athletic program."
Rund then reiterated his message.
"That's our goal, is to stay the course."
The administrator has never before held an athletics-related title, for either ASU or another university, but the school's president, Michael Crow, has stated his confidence in Rund, who has involvement with Sun Devil athletics.
Rund concluded his short media spot Wednesday by appealing to Sun Devils' fans to continue in their support of university athletics.
"For the fans: You've got to come out and support us. We've got the home opener(s) for men's and women's basketball this weekend and we need to see a full house and a full community supporting Arizona State University athletics."
Rund currently serves as the university's senior vice president for educational outreach and student services, holding degrees from ASU, North Dakota State University and Moorhead State University. He has previously held positions as the school's dean of student development and several others.
- More than all-access
- Mel Kiper Jr.: ASU's Sutton, Bradford could be taken on second or third day of draft
- ASU AD Ray Anderson: 'The love and the passion for Pat Tillman is palpable'
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- ASU quarterback Taylor Kelly caps spring with successful scrimmage performance
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday April 22Ray Anderson discusses Pat Tillman's legacy at ASU.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.