ASU's Harris: Facility upgrades won't fall behind schedule
Will Patterson take football coach Todd Graham to Texas as Mack Brown's replacement, and how does this affect ASU's plan to upgrade Sun Devil Stadium and several of its other athletic facilities?
But those fans now have an answer to at least one of those. Rocky Harris, ASU's senior associate athletic director, says there's no reason to worry that the school's facility upgrades will fall behind schedule while ASU searches for Patterson's replacement.
"We won't let that slow down because of Steve's departure," Harris told Arizona Sports 620's Bickley and Marotta Thursday. "He took us down to the red zone, now it's our turn to punch the ball in. He involved all of us in the process."
ASU is in the planning stages of a major renovation or reconstruction of Sun Devil Stadium, and the project will begin when upper-level north end zone seating is removed after this season. The Sun Devils' baseball team is also undergoing a facilities change, and will move to Phoenix Municipal Stadium starting in 2015.
"Some of the smaller things might be put aside for a few weeks," Harris said. "But there's no way we're letting the big things take a side seat."
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.
- Willie Bloomquist, Seattle Mariners infielder & former Sun Devil - Wednesday June 18Is managing in former Sun Devil Willie Bloomquist’s future?