ASU's Harris: Facility upgrades won't fall behind schedule
Will Patterson take football coach Todd Graham to Texas as Mack Brown's replacement, and how does this affect ASU's plan to upgrade Sun Devil Stadium and several of its other athletic facilities?
But those fans now have an answer to at least one of those. Rocky Harris, ASU's senior associate athletic director, says there's no reason to worry that the school's facility upgrades will fall behind schedule while ASU searches for Patterson's replacement.
"We won't let that slow down because of Steve's departure," Harris told Arizona Sports 620's Bickley and Marotta Thursday. "He took us down to the red zone, now it's our turn to punch the ball in. He involved all of us in the process."
ASU is in the planning stages of a major renovation or reconstruction of Sun Devil Stadium, and the project will begin when upper-level north end zone seating is removed after this season. The Sun Devils' baseball team is also undergoing a facilities change, and will move to Phoenix Municipal Stadium starting in 2015.
"Some of the smaller things might be put aside for a few weeks," Harris said. "But there's no way we're letting the big things take a side seat."
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Dave Pasch, voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Wednesday March 12Dave Pasch explains what it is like to work with Bill Walton.
- Herb Sendek, ASU basketball coach - Tuesday March 11ASU basketball coach Herb Sendek discusses the Pac-12 tournament.
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?