ASU's Harris: Facility upgrades won't fall behind schedule
Will Patterson take football coach Todd Graham to Texas as Mack Brown's replacement, and how does this affect ASU's plan to upgrade Sun Devil Stadium and several of its other athletic facilities?
But those fans now have an answer to at least one of those. Rocky Harris, ASU's senior associate athletic director, says there's no reason to worry that the school's facility upgrades will fall behind schedule while ASU searches for Patterson's replacement.
"We won't let that slow down because of Steve's departure," Harris told Arizona Sports 620's Bickley and Marotta Thursday. "He took us down to the red zone, now it's our turn to punch the ball in. He involved all of us in the process."
ASU is in the planning stages of a major renovation or reconstruction of Sun Devil Stadium, and the project will begin when upper-level north end zone seating is removed after this season. The Sun Devils' baseball team is also undergoing a facilities change, and will move to Phoenix Municipal Stadium starting in 2015.
"Some of the smaller things might be put aside for a few weeks," Harris said. "But there's no way we're letting the big things take a side seat."
- Sun Devils ranked 18th in preseason coaches poll
- ASU's Todd Graham: 'This is the best offensive team I've been around'
- ESPN ranks ASU's Taylor Kelly and Jaelen Strong among top 100 players in college football
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Tracy Smith, ASU Baseball Head Coach - Thursday July 31ASU baseball’s new head coach Tracy Smith talks about taking over the program.
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Thursday July 31Head coach Todd Graham talks about the upcoming season of ASU football.
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.