Updated Nov 8, 2013 - 4:55 pm
Analyst: Key in Arizona State game is Utah QB Travis Wilson's health
The difference and key for Utah (4-4, 1-4), according to the Miller, will be sophomore starting quarterback Travis Wilson, who's been dealing with injuries on his throwing hand for some time.
"This is a different Utah team if quarterback Travis Wilson is healthy," Miller told Burns and Gambo Friday. "Their downturn had been entirely due, from my perspective, to the fact that the offense that Dennis Erickson put together was based on a healthy Travis Wilson being able to throw the ball downfield and do the screen game that worked so well against Stanford."
This season, Wilson has 1,706 passing yards with 14 touchdowns and 14 interceptions, as well as 342 yards and five touchdowns on the ground.
Miller also cited #22 Arizona State's (6-2, 4-1) struggles on the road, even after coming off a big win against Washington State in Pullman.
"It's not easy to play in Salt Lake City, it's not easy to play tough, consecutive road games like ASU is doing right now," Miller explained. "They're playing better on the road, but I still think it's one of those things you wonder. Does Arizona State have what it takes to win consecutive road games?"
Ultimately, Miller predicted the Sun Devils to get the win, but he didn't back his pick too strongly.
"I would not be overconfident with this one, especially if Travis Wilson's hand, his throwing hand, is fully healthy after a bye week."
- Mel Kiper Jr.: ASU's Sutton, Bradford could be taken on second or third day of draft
- ASU AD Ray Anderson: 'The love and the passion for Pat Tillman is palpable'
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- ASU quarterback Taylor Kelly caps spring with successful scrimmage performance
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday April 22Ray Anderson discusses Pat Tillman's legacy at ASU.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.