Updated Nov 8, 2013 - 4:55 pm
Analyst: Key in Arizona State game is Utah QB Travis Wilson's health
The difference and key for Utah (4-4, 1-4), according to the Miller, will be sophomore starting quarterback Travis Wilson, who's been dealing with injuries on his throwing hand for some time.
"This is a different Utah team if quarterback Travis Wilson is healthy," Miller told Burns and Gambo Friday. "Their downturn had been entirely due, from my perspective, to the fact that the offense that Dennis Erickson put together was based on a healthy Travis Wilson being able to throw the ball downfield and do the screen game that worked so well against Stanford."
This season, Wilson has 1,706 passing yards with 14 touchdowns and 14 interceptions, as well as 342 yards and five touchdowns on the ground.
Miller also cited #22 Arizona State's (6-2, 4-1) struggles on the road, even after coming off a big win against Washington State in Pullman.
"It's not easy to play in Salt Lake City, it's not easy to play tough, consecutive road games like ASU is doing right now," Miller explained. "They're playing better on the road, but I still think it's one of those things you wonder. Does Arizona State have what it takes to win consecutive road games?"
Ultimately, Miller predicted the Sun Devils to get the win, but he didn't back his pick too strongly.
"I would not be overconfident with this one, especially if Travis Wilson's hand, his throwing hand, is fully healthy after a bye week."
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Michael Crow and Larry Scott agree that change needs to happen
- ASU president Michael Crow: compensate coaches on performance
- Arizona State picked to finish third in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.