Updated Nov 8, 2013 - 4:55 pm
Analyst: Key in Arizona State game is Utah QB Travis Wilson's health
The difference and key for Utah (4-4, 1-4), according to the Miller, will be sophomore starting quarterback Travis Wilson, who's been dealing with injuries on his throwing hand for some time.
"This is a different Utah team if quarterback Travis Wilson is healthy," Miller told Burns and Gambo Friday. "Their downturn had been entirely due, from my perspective, to the fact that the offense that Dennis Erickson put together was based on a healthy Travis Wilson being able to throw the ball downfield and do the screen game that worked so well against Stanford."
This season, Wilson has 1,706 passing yards with 14 touchdowns and 14 interceptions, as well as 342 yards and five touchdowns on the ground.
Miller also cited #22 Arizona State's (6-2, 4-1) struggles on the road, even after coming off a big win against Washington State in Pullman.
"It's not easy to play in Salt Lake City, it's not easy to play tough, consecutive road games like ASU is doing right now," Miller explained. "They're playing better on the road, but I still think it's one of those things you wonder. Does Arizona State have what it takes to win consecutive road games?"
Ultimately, Miller predicted the Sun Devils to get the win, but he didn't back his pick too strongly.
"I would not be overconfident with this one, especially if Travis Wilson's hand, his throwing hand, is fully healthy after a bye week."
- ASU unveils new uniforms; is it still cutting-edge when everybody's doing it?
- ASU linebacker Marcus Washington: 'I just love hitting people'
- Arizona State Sun Devils unveil alternate football uniform
- ASU Sun Devils ranked No. 19 in AP preseason poll
- ASU offensive coordinator Mike Norvell in line for head coaching job?
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!
- Mike Norvell, offensive coordinator ASU football - Tuesday August 12How does coach Norvell feel about ASU's offense heading into camp?