Chicago mayor, comic engage over deep-dish diss
CHICAGO (AP) - Chicago's mayor has delivered a message to comedian Jon Stewart: Don't diss his city's prized pizza.
Stewart denounced Chicago deep-dish pizza on "The Daily Show" this week as "an above-ground marinara swimming pool for rats."
His feigned tirade began during a Wednesday segment about hard feelings over North America's tallest building, a title heading to New York from Chicago.
The diss didn't sit well with pie-loving Chicagoans.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel's office sent an anchovy-covered "real pizza" to "The Daily Show" with a note that said: "Jon, Deep Dish With Dead Fish. Love, Rahm."
Stewart's staff wasn't impressed. A video clip on the show's Twitter page shows a dog sniffing the pizza before walking away.
An Emanuel spokeswoman noted that the pizzas in question actually were made in New York.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Former Arizona State RB Marion Grice shines for Chargers in preseason finale
- Sun Devil Supplement: Notes from ASU's opener vs. Weber State
- Stagnant or statement
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.