ASU's Robert Nelson named Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Week
The senior cornerback grabbed two interceptions in Saturday's game, the second of which he returned for a game-clinching touchdown late in the fourth quarter. Nelson also added five tackles and a fumble recovery in the contest.
On the season Nelson has six interceptions, which ties him for fourth in the country and is the most by an ASU cornerback since 1987.
This is the fourth time in 2013 a Sun Devil was honored as one of the conference's players of the week, the previous three being safety Alden Darby, kicker Zane Gonzalez and quarterback Taylor Kelly.
Nelson edged out Colorado's Addison Gilliam, UCLA's Erik Kendricks, Washington State's Justin Sagote and USC's Dion Bailey for the award.
Arizona State running back Marion Grice was nominated for Offensive Player of the Week, but the honor went to USC quarterback Cody Kessler.
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- ASU's Mo Latu losing weight and gaining confidence
- ASU A.D. Anderson: New fee gives students more ownership of Sun Devil athletics
- ASU AD: Overtraining still a serious problem for student-athletes
- ASU and LSU agree to home-and-home series in 2022, 2023
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.