ASU's Robert Nelson named Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Week
The senior cornerback grabbed two interceptions in Saturday's game, the second of which he returned for a game-clinching touchdown late in the fourth quarter. Nelson also added five tackles and a fumble recovery in the contest.
On the season Nelson has six interceptions, which ties him for fourth in the country and is the most by an ASU cornerback since 1987.
This is the fourth time in 2013 a Sun Devil was honored as one of the conference's players of the week, the previous three being safety Alden Darby, kicker Zane Gonzalez and quarterback Taylor Kelly.
Nelson edged out Colorado's Addison Gilliam, UCLA's Erik Kendricks, Washington State's Justin Sagote and USC's Dion Bailey for the award.
Arizona State running back Marion Grice was nominated for Offensive Player of the Week, but the honor went to USC quarterback Cody Kessler.
- ESPN ranks ASU's Taylor Kelly and Jaelen Strong among top 100 players in college football
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Michael Crow and Larry Scott agree that change needs to happen
- ASU president Michael Crow: compensate coaches on performance
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.