ASU's Todd Graham believes tailored system has led to Sun Devils' success
"We really did a lot of work in the front end of this really planning and taking our time that first spring to really evaluating our personnel," Graham said. "I'm adapting constantly every day to the personnel."
One example Graham gave was how he and the coaches found what Gannon Conway, one of the team's breakout stars, was skilled at and adjusted the defense to fit him.
"When Gannon sees you're going to change this to fit him, they're motivated to do it," the coach said. "The scheme is derived and designed from them, and I think that's helped a great deal."
However, Graham didn't take all of the credit, praising the situation he took over from Dennis Erickson and the group of players he has to work with.
"I think we're very fortunate to come in here," Graham said. "And then we've added things to it. We've added a Marion Grice, a Jaelen Strong, a D.J. Foster, Jaxon Hood.
"We've just got really good players and we've got a scheme that matches their abilities, and I think that's what makes it all work."
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- ASU's Mo Latu losing weight and gaining confidence
- ASU A.D. Anderson: New fee gives students more ownership of Sun Devil athletics
- ASU AD: Overtraining still a serious problem for student-athletes
- ASU and LSU agree to home-and-home series in 2022, 2023
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday March 27Ray Anderson looks back on the Sun Devil men's basketball season.