Updated Nov 25, 2013 - 2:36 pm
Arizona State's Chris Young named Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Week
The senior from Seattle, Wash., had a huge fourth quarter to help the Sun Devils fend off the Bruins' comeback attempt. Young had two sacks in the final frame, three overall, including a big one on third down with UCLA in the red zone. He led the game with 13 tackles, 12 solo, and had the game-ending tackle that clinched the Pac-12 South for Arizona State.
It's Young's first time receiving the honor this season, but the second straight week a Sun Devil has earned the conference's defensive player of the week. Five Arizona State players have been honored in total in 2013.
The offensive player of the week went to Arizona's Ka'Deem Carey, who set multiple school-records in the Wildcats' upset of Oregon. UCLA's Ishmael Adams received the Pac-12 Special Teams Player of the Week honors, as he racked up 234 return yards against the Sun Devils.
- Mel Kiper Jr.: ASU's Sutton, Bradford could be taken on second or third day of draft
- ASU AD Ray Anderson: 'The love and the passion for Pat Tillman is palpable'
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- ASU quarterback Taylor Kelly caps spring with successful scrimmage performance
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday April 22Ray Anderson discusses Pat Tillman's legacy at ASU.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.