The Pulse: Taylor Kelly will be the most important player in the 2013 Territorial Cup
On Thursday, Nov. 28, the question was: Who will be the most important player in Saturday's Arizona-Arizona State rivalry game?
Votes could be cast for Arizona RB Ka'Deem Carey, ASU WR Jaelen Strong, Arizona QB B.J. Denker, ASU DT Will Sutton, Arizona LB Jake Fischer and ASU QB Taylor Kelly. Of those options, Kelly won in a landslide, taking 179 of a possible 303 votes (59 percent).
Kelly only threw for a 191 yards in the 2012 Territorial Cup, but he held the Sun Devils reel off a 24-point rally in the fourth quarter en route to a 41-34.
Carey, the Wildcats' career record holder in rushing yards and touchdowns, came in a distant second with 20 percent of the vote. Carey ran for a game-high 172 yards and a touchdown in last year's rivalry game.
Kelly's teammate, Sutton, finished third behind Carey, taking in 35 total votes.
- Stagnant or statement
- What to watch for: Arizona State Sun Devils vs. Weber State Wildcats
- ASU head coach Todd Graham in favor of eliminating games against FCS opponents
- Former ASU quarterback Andrew Walter loses congressional primary bid
- Arizona State has plenty of options at the Devilbacker position
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commisioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.
- Bill Hancock - College Football Playoff executive director - Wednesday August 27How will the playoff system impact college football?