The Pulse: Taylor Kelly will be the most important player in the 2013 Territorial Cup
On Thursday, Nov. 28, the question was: Who will be the most important player in Saturday's Arizona-Arizona State rivalry game?
Votes could be cast for Arizona RB Ka'Deem Carey, ASU WR Jaelen Strong, Arizona QB B.J. Denker, ASU DT Will Sutton, Arizona LB Jake Fischer and ASU QB Taylor Kelly. Of those options, Kelly won in a landslide, taking 179 of a possible 303 votes (59 percent).
Kelly only threw for a 191 yards in the 2012 Territorial Cup, but he held the Sun Devils reel off a 24-point rally in the fourth quarter en route to a 41-34.
Carey, the Wildcats' career record holder in rushing yards and touchdowns, came in a distant second with 20 percent of the vote. Carey ran for a game-high 172 yards and a touchdown in last year's rivalry game.
Kelly's teammate, Sutton, finished third behind Carey, taking in 35 total votes.
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.