The Pulse: Taylor Kelly will be the most important player in the 2013 Territorial Cup
On Thursday, Nov. 28, the question was: Who will be the most important player in Saturday's Arizona-Arizona State rivalry game?
Votes could be cast for Arizona RB Ka'Deem Carey, ASU WR Jaelen Strong, Arizona QB B.J. Denker, ASU DT Will Sutton, Arizona LB Jake Fischer and ASU QB Taylor Kelly. Of those options, Kelly won in a landslide, taking 179 of a possible 303 votes (59 percent).
Kelly only threw for a 191 yards in the 2012 Territorial Cup, but he held the Sun Devils reel off a 24-point rally in the fourth quarter en route to a 41-34.
Carey, the Wildcats' career record holder in rushing yards and touchdowns, came in a distant second with 20 percent of the vote. Carey ran for a game-high 172 yards and a touchdown in last year's rivalry game.
Kelly's teammate, Sutton, finished third behind Carey, taking in 35 total votes.
- Todd Graham on ASU's first day of practice: 'We couldn't have been any better'
- Sun Devils ranked 18th in preseason coaches poll
- ASU's Todd Graham: 'This is the best offensive team I've been around'
- ESPN ranks ASU's Taylor Kelly and Jaelen Strong among top 100 players in college football
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Tracy Smith, ASU Baseball Head Coach - Thursday July 31ASU baseball’s new head coach Tracy Smith talks about taking over the program.
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Thursday July 31Head coach Todd Graham talks about the upcoming season of ASU football.
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.