The Pulse: Taylor Kelly will be the most important player in the 2013 Territorial Cup
On Thursday, Nov. 28, the question was: Who will be the most important player in Saturday's Arizona-Arizona State rivalry game?
Votes could be cast for Arizona RB Ka'Deem Carey, ASU WR Jaelen Strong, Arizona QB B.J. Denker, ASU DT Will Sutton, Arizona LB Jake Fischer and ASU QB Taylor Kelly. Of those options, Kelly won in a landslide, taking 179 of a possible 303 votes (59 percent).
Kelly only threw for a 191 yards in the 2012 Territorial Cup, but he held the Sun Devils reel off a 24-point rally in the fourth quarter en route to a 41-34.
Carey, the Wildcats' career record holder in rushing yards and touchdowns, came in a distant second with 20 percent of the vote. Carey ran for a game-high 172 yards and a touchdown in last year's rivalry game.
Kelly's teammate, Sutton, finished third behind Carey, taking in 35 total votes.
- More than all-access
- Mel Kiper Jr.: ASU's Sutton, Bradford could be taken on second or third day of draft
- ASU AD Ray Anderson: 'The love and the passion for Pat Tillman is palpable'
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- ASU quarterback Taylor Kelly caps spring with successful scrimmage performance
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday April 22Ray Anderson discusses Pat Tillman's legacy at ASU.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.