Arizona State's 58-21 win over Arizona: By the numbers
Here's a look back at ASU's 37-point victory, its second straight in the Territorial Cup rivalry, by the numbers:
With a win over the Wildcats, the Sun Devils finished the regular season with an 8-1 record in Pac-12 play. ASU last had one conference loss or fewer 17 years ago.
Arizona quarterback B.J. Denker was picked off three times Saturday night for the first time all season. Heading into Arizona's game with ASU, Denker had only thrown four interceptions in 2013.
ASU eclipsed the 50-point mark for just the fourth time in the history over the rivalry game. In 1951, the Sun Devils set a Territorial Cup record with 61 points.
With his three successful kicks Saturday, freshman Zane Gonzalez set a new school with 18 consecutive field goals, surpassing Thomas Weber.
While Ka'Deem Carey finished with over 100 yards, the Sun Devils were able to get out to the fast start by limiting him to just 28 yards on his first 15 rushes. During that span, ASU built a 27-0 lead.
Jaelen Strong's 61-yard touchdown catch was his second-longest reception of the season, falling just short of the 69-yard touchdown he hauled in against Colorado back in October.
Coming into the night, ASU safety Damarious Randall had just one interception on the season. His 64-yard pick six in the third quarter proved to be the biggest play of the second half, however, as it helped prevent Arizona from ever getting to within single digits.
Making his first start of the season in place of the injured Marion Grice, D.J. Foster ran for a career-high 124 yards. The sophomore also scored on touchdown runs of seven and 14 yards respectively.
With his 157 yards on the ground, Carey extended his streak of to 15 games with at least 100 yards -- an FBS high. In the process, he also surpassed the 4,000-yard mark for his career.
Saturday night's 37-point margin of victory was the largest for the Sun Devils against the Wildcats since a 56-14 rout back in Nov. 1996. That same season, ASU made it all the way to the Rose Bowl.
A rivalry between two teams with 16 combined wins brought plenty of fans to Sun Devil Stadium. Saturday night, 72,542 people walked through the turnstiles to watch the 87th edition of the Territorial Cup. It's the 12th highest attendance total in the stadium's history.
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- ASU AD Ray Anderson: 'The love and the passion for Pat Tillman is palpable'
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- ASU quarterback Taylor Kelly caps spring with successful scrimmage performance
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- ASU's Mo Latu losing weight and gaining confidence
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday April 22Ray Anderson discusses Pat Tillman's legacy at ASU.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.