Updated Dec 2, 2013 - 1:14 pm
Arizona State's Graham wins Pac-12 Coach of the Year
Fresh off Arizona State's win over Arizona and the right to host the Pac-12 Championship Game, Todd Graham has been named the Pac-12 Coach of the Year.
Graham, in his second season with the school, led the Sun Devils to a 10-2 overall record and 8-1 in the conference.
"I'm extremely honored to receive that," Graham said of winning the award. "I can tell you, though, that that is another deal that is reflective of our staff. To me, that is a coaching staff recognition. I'm very proud of our guys and what we've been able to accomplish.
The Sun Devils have a chance to avenge their conference loss when they host Stanford on Saturday night.
This is the first 10-win season for the school since 2007.
He is the fourth coach in Arizona State history to be named Conference Coach of the Year. Dennis Erickson was the last coach to win it. He won in 2007, his first season at Arizona State. John Cooper, 1986, and Bruce Snyder, 1996, have also won the award.
In addition to Graham's Coach of the Year honor, senior defensive tackle Will Sutton took home the Pat Tillman Player of the Year for the second consecutive season.
Thirteen total players also made the Pac-12 First Team (Evan Finkenberg, Chris Coyle, Sutton, Alden Darby, Robert Nelson and Zane Gonzalez) and Second Team (Taylor Kelly, Marion Grice, Jaelen Strong, Jamil Douglas, Carl Bradford, Chris Young and Osahon Irabor).
- ASU unveils new uniforms; is it still cutting-edge when everybody's doing it?
- ASU linebacker Marcus Washington: 'I just love hitting people'
- Arizona State Sun Devils unveil alternate football uniform
- ASU Sun Devils ranked No. 19 in AP preseason poll
- ASU offensive coordinator Mike Norvell in line for head coaching job?
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!
- Mike Norvell, offensive coordinator ASU football - Tuesday August 12How does coach Norvell feel about ASU's offense heading into camp?