Updated Dec 8, 2013 - 10:56 pm
Arizona State accepts invitation to play in 2013 Holiday Bowl against Texas Tech
Sunday night, ASU (10-3) accepted an invitation to play in San Diego against Texas Tech (7-5) in the 2013 National University Holiday Bowl on Dec. 30 at 8:15 p.m. MST.
With Sunday's invitation, the Sun Devils are now headed to their third straight bowl game in as many years for the first time since 2005-07.
ASU has made three prior appearances in the Holiday Bowl (1985, 2002 and 2007) but has yet to come away with a victory. If the Todd Graham's squad is able to snap that streak against the Kliff Kingsbury and the Red Raiders in San Diego, it'll mark the program's first 11-win season since 1996.
In his career, Graham is 4-1 in bowl game appearances, including last season's 62-28 rout of Navy in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl.
ASU and Texas Tech have met one prior time back in Sept. 1999, when Bruce Snyder and Co. recorded a 31-13 non-conference win at Sun Devil Stadium.
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.