Updated Dec 8, 2013 - 10:56 pm
Arizona State accepts invitation to play in 2013 Holiday Bowl against Texas Tech
Sunday night, ASU (10-3) accepted an invitation to play in San Diego against Texas Tech (7-5) in the 2013 National University Holiday Bowl on Dec. 30 at 8:15 p.m. MST.
With Sunday's invitation, the Sun Devils are now headed to their third straight bowl game in as many years for the first time since 2005-07.
ASU has made three prior appearances in the Holiday Bowl (1985, 2002 and 2007) but has yet to come away with a victory. If the Todd Graham's squad is able to snap that streak against the Kliff Kingsbury and the Red Raiders in San Diego, it'll mark the program's first 11-win season since 1996.
In his career, Graham is 4-1 in bowl game appearances, including last season's 62-28 rout of Navy in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl.
ASU and Texas Tech have met one prior time back in Sept. 1999, when Bruce Snyder and Co. recorded a 31-13 non-conference win at Sun Devil Stadium.
- Sun Devils preparing for Lobos' triple option
- Former ASU running back Marion Grice released by San Diego Chargers
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.