Updated Dec 8, 2013 - 10:56 pm
Arizona State accepts invitation to play in 2013 Holiday Bowl against Texas Tech
Sunday night, ASU (10-3) accepted an invitation to play in San Diego against Texas Tech (7-5) in the 2013 National University Holiday Bowl on Dec. 30 at 8:15 p.m. MST.
With Sunday's invitation, the Sun Devils are now headed to their third straight bowl game in as many years for the first time since 2005-07.
ASU has made three prior appearances in the Holiday Bowl (1985, 2002 and 2007) but has yet to come away with a victory. If the Todd Graham's squad is able to snap that streak against the Kliff Kingsbury and the Red Raiders in San Diego, it'll mark the program's first 11-win season since 1996.
In his career, Graham is 4-1 in bowl game appearances, including last season's 62-28 rout of Navy in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl.
ASU and Texas Tech have met one prior time back in Sept. 1999, when Bruce Snyder and Co. recorded a 31-13 non-conference win at Sun Devil Stadium.
- Mel Kiper Jr.: ASU's Sutton, Bradford could be taken on second or third day of draft
- ASU AD Ray Anderson: 'The love and the passion for Pat Tillman is palpable'
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- ASU quarterback Taylor Kelly caps spring with successful scrimmage performance
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday April 22Ray Anderson discusses Pat Tillman's legacy at ASU.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.