ASU's Todd Graham a finalist for Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year Award
"We are fortunate to have Coach Graham as a part of the Sun Devil family," Dr. James Rund, Interim Athletics Director and ASU Senior Vice President for Educational Outreach and Student Services, said. "He is a teacher, first and foremost, and his passion for positively influencing our student-athletes has been evident in the football program's excellence on the field, in the classroom and around the community. Coach Graham personifies the Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year Award's ideals of sportsmanship, integrity, responsibility and excellence - and we hope to rally our fans and alumni to voice their support him with their votes over these next few weeks."
The Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year Award will honor the coach who best exemplifies responsibility, integrity, sportsmanship and excellence both on and off the field. The winner will be announced January 6.
Graham has already won the Pac-12 Coach of the Year Award in just his second season in Tempe. Should Coach Graham win, he will receive $50,000 from Liberty Mutual to donate to his favorite charities and a $20,000 contribution to the Arizona State University Alumni Association for scholarship.
The other nine finalists for the award are Baylor's Art Briles, Duke's David Cutcliffe, Michigan State's Mark Dantonio, Gus Malzahn of Auburn, Ohio State's Urban Meyer, UCLA's Jim Mora, Penn State's Bill O'Brien, Alabama's Nick Saban and Clemson's Dabo Swinney.
Notre Dame's Brian Kelly won the honor last season.
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Former Arizona State RB Marion Grice shines for Chargers in preseason finale
- Sun Devil Supplement: Notes from ASU's opener vs. Weber State
- Stagnant or statement
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.
- Bill Hancock - College Football Playoff executive director - Wednesday August 27How will the playoff system impact college football?