Updated Dec 13, 2013 - 6:51 pm
Quarterback Michael Eubank will transfer from Arizona State
Todd Graham said ASU QB Michael Eubank will transfer— ASUDevils.com (@ASUDevilscom) December 14, 2013
Graham said that ASU will help Eubank find his next destination— ASUDevils.com (@ASUDevilscom) December 14, 2013
Eubank, who just completed his redshirt sophomore season, served as a backup to Taylor Kelly for two years. In 2013, he completed 4-of-5 passes for 70 yards and ran the ball 13 times for 20 yards and three touchdowns.
"He got his release from us today, and we wish him the very best," Graham said after Friday's practice. "He's a great young man, and I'm going to help try and find him a home."
In 2012, the 6-foot-6, 246-pound quarterback completed 34-of-54 passes for 330 yards and four touchdowns while running for 223 yards and four scores.
This season, he was actually listed third on the ASU depth chart behind Kelly and sophomore Mike Bercovici, but saw playing time in goal-line situations.
Eubank was recruited to Pittsburgh by Graham but committed to Arizona State in 2011, Dennis Erickson's last year as head coach of the Sun Devils. Quarterback and coach were "reunited" in 2012 when Erickson was fired and Graham was hired after just one year as head coach of the Panthers.
Eubank was rated as the eighth-best dual-threat quarterback in the 2011 recruiting class by Rivals.com, and picked ASU over Arizona, Cincinnati, Utah and Washington, among others.
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.