Updated Dec 13, 2013 - 6:51 pm
Quarterback Michael Eubank will transfer from Arizona State
Todd Graham said ASU QB Michael Eubank will transfer— ASUDevils.com (@ASUDevilscom) December 14, 2013
Graham said that ASU will help Eubank find his next destination— ASUDevils.com (@ASUDevilscom) December 14, 2013
Eubank, who just completed his redshirt sophomore season, served as a backup to Taylor Kelly for two years. In 2013, he completed 4-of-5 passes for 70 yards and ran the ball 13 times for 20 yards and three touchdowns.
"He got his release from us today, and we wish him the very best," Graham said after Friday's practice. "He's a great young man, and I'm going to help try and find him a home."
In 2012, the 6-foot-6, 246-pound quarterback completed 34-of-54 passes for 330 yards and four touchdowns while running for 223 yards and four scores.
This season, he was actually listed third on the ASU depth chart behind Kelly and sophomore Mike Bercovici, but saw playing time in goal-line situations.
Eubank was recruited to Pittsburgh by Graham but committed to Arizona State in 2011, Dennis Erickson's last year as head coach of the Sun Devils. Quarterback and coach were "reunited" in 2012 when Erickson was fired and Graham was hired after just one year as head coach of the Panthers.
Eubank was rated as the eighth-best dual-threat quarterback in the 2011 recruiting class by Rivals.com, and picked ASU over Arizona, Cincinnati, Utah and Washington, among others.
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Former Arizona State RB Marion Grice shines for Chargers in preseason finale
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.