ASU's Todd Graham is tired of his name being linked to job openings
Further, Nick Saban isn't leaving Alabama to take the job at Texas.
This has led to plenty of speculation on whom will get the Texas job -- one of the most coveted and highest-paying coaching gigs in the country.
Due to his success at Arizona State and his Texas background, Sun Devils head coach Todd Graham seems to be popping up on a lot of Longhorn "wish lists" for new AD Steve Patterson to peruse.
Well, Graham's getting tired of any implied connection to the Lone Star State.
"We're working hard," Graham said Tuesday. "Myself, and Coach Norvell is in the same boat -- and we'll have a comment on that (Wednesday) -- our focus is to keep our staff together, and we're going to do that.
"We're committed to building a top-five program in the country."
Norvell, ASU's second-year offensive coordinator, has been linked to a head coaching opening at Arkansas State and the open offensive coordinator position at Florida.
"I hate even commenting on stuff like that, but I'm getting tired of it," Graham said. "We're looking forward to taking this thing to the next level, and that's top-ten or top-five in the country."
Graham and the Sun Devils are preparing to take on Texas Tech at the National University Holiday Bowl in San Diego on December 30.
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.