Updated Dec 17, 2013 - 5:38 pm
Report: ASU offensive coordinator Mike Norvell interviews for Arkansas State coaching job
Arizona State OC Mike Norvell has indeed interviewed for the head coaching job at Arkansas State, per source. http://t.co/OacqB8TAgp— Pete Roussel (@coachingsearch) December 18, 2013
Norvell, 32, is finishing up his second season on Todd Graham's staff at Arizona State after serving as the head coach's co-offensive coordinator at Pittsburgh in 2011.
The Sun Devils are ranked 29th in the nation in total offense, averaging 460.8 yards per game while their average of 41.0 points per contest ranks ninth among FBS teams.
Graham addressed the rumors surrounding the futures of Norvell and himself Tuesday.
"We're working hard," he said. "Myself, and Coach Norvell is in the same boat -- and we'll have a comment on that (Wednesday) -- our focus is to keep our staff together, and we're going to do that.
"We're committed to building a top-five program in the country."
Norvell has also been rumored to be a candidate for the vacant offensive coordinator position at Florida.
- More than all-access
- Mel Kiper Jr.: ASU's Sutton, Bradford could be taken on second or third day of draft
- ASU AD Ray Anderson: 'The love and the passion for Pat Tillman is palpable'
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- ASU quarterback Taylor Kelly caps spring with successful scrimmage performance
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday April 22Ray Anderson discusses Pat Tillman's legacy at ASU.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.