Updated Dec 17, 2013 - 5:38 pm
Report: ASU offensive coordinator Mike Norvell interviews for Arkansas State coaching job
Arizona State OC Mike Norvell has indeed interviewed for the head coaching job at Arkansas State, per source. http://t.co/OacqB8TAgp— Pete Roussel (@coachingsearch) December 18, 2013
Norvell, 32, is finishing up his second season on Todd Graham's staff at Arizona State after serving as the head coach's co-offensive coordinator at Pittsburgh in 2011.
The Sun Devils are ranked 29th in the nation in total offense, averaging 460.8 yards per game while their average of 41.0 points per contest ranks ninth among FBS teams.
Graham addressed the rumors surrounding the futures of Norvell and himself Tuesday.
"We're working hard," he said. "Myself, and Coach Norvell is in the same boat -- and we'll have a comment on that (Wednesday) -- our focus is to keep our staff together, and we're going to do that.
"We're committed to building a top-five program in the country."
Norvell has also been rumored to be a candidate for the vacant offensive coordinator position at Florida.
- Arizona State moves up multiple spots in the AP and Coaches' Poll
- Sun Devils preparing for Lobos' triple option
- Former ASU running back Marion Grice released by San Diego Chargers
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.