Demi Lovato confirms 'X Factor' exit
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Demi Lovato says she's leaving "The X Factor" to focus on her music career.
In an interview after Wednesday's performance show the 21-year-old singer-actress said she wanted to return to her "roots."
Lavoto plans to devote next year to touring and working on a new album.
"X Factor" producer-judge Simon Cowell said working with Lovato has been "fun," but the timing is right for "something new." Cowell would not comment on potential replacements for Lovato.
This is the "Heart Attack" singer's second season on the judging panel of the Fox competition.
Lovato's fourth studio album, "Demi," debuted at No. 3 on the Billboard 200 albums chart in May.
The season three "X Factor" winner will be announced during Thursday's finale.
Follow Nicole Evatt at http://twitter.com/NicoleEvatt
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Former Arizona State RB Marion Grice shines for Chargers in preseason finale
- Sun Devil Supplement: Notes from ASU's opener vs. Weber State
- Stagnant or statement
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.