Demi Lovato confirms 'X Factor' exit
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Demi Lovato says she's leaving "The X Factor" to focus on her music career.
In an interview after Wednesday's performance show the 21-year-old singer-actress said she wanted to return to her "roots."
Lavoto plans to devote next year to touring and working on a new album.
"X Factor" producer-judge Simon Cowell said working with Lovato has been "fun," but the timing is right for "something new." Cowell would not comment on potential replacements for Lovato.
This is the "Heart Attack" singer's second season on the judging panel of the Fox competition.
Lovato's fourth studio album, "Demi," debuted at No. 3 on the Billboard 200 albums chart in May.
The season three "X Factor" winner will be announced during Thursday's finale.
Follow Nicole Evatt at http://twitter.com/NicoleEvatt
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Sun Devils ranked 18th in preseason coaches poll
- ASU's Todd Graham: 'This is the best offensive team I've been around'
- ESPN ranks ASU's Taylor Kelly and Jaelen Strong among top 100 players in college football
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Tracy Smith, ASU Baseball Head Coach - Thursday July 31ASU baseball’s new head coach Tracy Smith talks about taking over the program.
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Thursday July 31Head coach Todd Graham talks about the upcoming season of ASU football.
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.