Demi Lovato confirms 'X Factor' exit
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Demi Lovato says she's leaving "The X Factor" to focus on her music career.
In an interview after Wednesday's performance show the 21-year-old singer-actress said she wanted to return to her "roots."
Lavoto plans to devote next year to touring and working on a new album.
"X Factor" producer-judge Simon Cowell said working with Lovato has been "fun," but the timing is right for "something new." Cowell would not comment on potential replacements for Lovato.
This is the "Heart Attack" singer's second season on the judging panel of the Fox competition.
Lovato's fourth studio album, "Demi," debuted at No. 3 on the Billboard 200 albums chart in May.
The season three "X Factor" winner will be announced during Thursday's finale.
Follow Nicole Evatt at http://twitter.com/NicoleEvatt
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- ASU unveils new uniforms; is it still cutting-edge when everybody's doing it?
- ASU linebacker Marcus Washington: 'I just love hitting people'
- Arizona State Sun Devils unveil alternate football uniform
- ASU Sun Devils ranked No. 19 in AP preseason poll
- ASU offensive coordinator Mike Norvell in line for head coaching job?
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!
- Mike Norvell, offensive coordinator ASU football - Tuesday August 12How does coach Norvell feel about ASU's offense heading into camp?