Demi Lovato confirms 'X Factor' exit
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Demi Lovato says she's leaving "The X Factor" to focus on her music career.
In an interview after Wednesday's performance show the 21-year-old singer-actress said she wanted to return to her "roots."
Lavoto plans to devote next year to touring and working on a new album.
"X Factor" producer-judge Simon Cowell said working with Lovato has been "fun," but the timing is right for "something new." Cowell would not comment on potential replacements for Lovato.
This is the "Heart Attack" singer's second season on the judging panel of the Fox competition.
Lovato's fourth studio album, "Demi," debuted at No. 3 on the Billboard 200 albums chart in May.
The season three "X Factor" winner will be announced during Thursday's finale.
Follow Nicole Evatt at http://twitter.com/NicoleEvatt
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Michael Crow and Larry Scott agree that change needs to happen
- ASU president Michael Crow: compensate coaches on performance
- Arizona State picked to finish third in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- The Pulse: Fans expecting 8 or 9 Arizona State wins in 2014
- Vince Marotta's 2014 Pac-12 Preview: Oregon Ducks back on top
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.