Sun Devils OC Mike Norvell: School's commitment helps recruiting
It's an important one for the coaching staff to get out, because the possibility of them leaving Tempe has been a popular weapon in recruiting battles.
"Obviously with the commitment and people seeing that we're here to stay, there's a great excitement about what's coming," Norvell told Doug & Wolf Thursday morning. "Obviously, the direction of the program -- we feel like this can be one of the national elite programs in the country, and with the commitment that's been made and obviously the direction we feel like the program's going in, there's a great deal of excitement with recruits, with families, with people all across this country."
That would seem to be the case, as Rivals.com says the Sun Devils have the 17th-best 2014 recruiting class in the country, and number one-ranked class in the Pac-12.
So, it would seem that the on-field performance and coaching style is having a greater impact than the negative recruiting tactics taken by opposing schools.
"It's almost comical to me, because if that's the only thing that schools can try to attack and use against us, and to see that the continuity of our staff and the direction where we're going, then we know that we're doing a lot of things right, and we know this thing is going in the right direction and it's going to be exciting times here in the Valley."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Michael Crow and Larry Scott agree that change needs to happen
- ASU president Michael Crow: compensate coaches on performance
- Arizona State picked to finish third in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.