Sun Devils OC Mike Norvell: School's commitment helps recruiting
It's an important one for the coaching staff to get out, because the possibility of them leaving Tempe has been a popular weapon in recruiting battles.
"Obviously with the commitment and people seeing that we're here to stay, there's a great excitement about what's coming," Norvell told Doug & Wolf Thursday morning. "Obviously, the direction of the program -- we feel like this can be one of the national elite programs in the country, and with the commitment that's been made and obviously the direction we feel like the program's going in, there's a great deal of excitement with recruits, with families, with people all across this country."
That would seem to be the case, as Rivals.com says the Sun Devils have the 17th-best 2014 recruiting class in the country, and number one-ranked class in the Pac-12.
So, it would seem that the on-field performance and coaching style is having a greater impact than the negative recruiting tactics taken by opposing schools.
"It's almost comical to me, because if that's the only thing that schools can try to attack and use against us, and to see that the continuity of our staff and the direction where we're going, then we know that we're doing a lot of things right, and we know this thing is going in the right direction and it's going to be exciting times here in the Valley."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.