ABC News Radio reporter Vic Ratner to retire
I am writing with news that Vic Ratner - our legendary work horse, Capitol reporter, war correspondent and space enthusiast - is retiring.
Ratner spent the past 40 years of his career on ABC News Radio covering stories including the "Watergate Seven" trial in Washington, several presidential campaigns and nearly every space shuttle launch.
He has reported from 54 countries and 49 states. For the record book, only South Dakota — the Mt. Rushmore State — has escaped his attention.
Soon after the news broke, several media professionals reacted on Twitter.
ABC's Vic Ratner retiring. Here he and Bob Walker report on the terrible Challenger explosion in 1986: http://t.co/B3VhDowwG6— Sam Litzinger (@SamLitzinger) December 20, 2013
Vic Ratner's a great writer, reporter, broadcaster and gentleman. Was my privilege to work with him from time to time on pres. trips.— Mark Knoller (@markknoller) December 20, 2013
A voice, a reporter and a gentleman. One of the greats I've had the pleasure of knowing & learning from. http://t.co/ohModXm5a9— Major Garrett (@MajorCBS) December 20, 2013
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.