ABC News Radio reporter Vic Ratner to retire
I am writing with news that Vic Ratner - our legendary work horse, Capitol reporter, war correspondent and space enthusiast - is retiring.
Ratner spent the past 40 years of his career on ABC News Radio covering stories including the "Watergate Seven" trial in Washington, several presidential campaigns and nearly every space shuttle launch.
He has reported from 54 countries and 49 states. For the record book, only South Dakota — the Mt. Rushmore State — has escaped his attention.
Soon after the news broke, several media professionals reacted on Twitter.
ABC's Vic Ratner retiring. Here he and Bob Walker report on the terrible Challenger explosion in 1986: http://t.co/B3VhDowwG6— Sam Litzinger (@SamLitzinger) December 20, 2013
Vic Ratner's a great writer, reporter, broadcaster and gentleman. Was my privilege to work with him from time to time on pres. trips.— Mark Knoller (@markknoller) December 20, 2013
A voice, a reporter and a gentleman. One of the greats I've had the pleasure of knowing & learning from. http://t.co/ohModXm5a9— Major Garrett (@MajorCBS) December 20, 2013
- Arizona State football creates 'Honor Row' to recognize current and past military at home games
- High Octane Hour with Arizona State's Graham begins next week
- ASU unveils new uniforms; is it still cutting-edge when everybody's doing it?
- ASU linebacker Marcus Washington: 'I just love hitting people'
- Arizona State Sun Devils unveil alternate football uniform
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!