The Pulse: Fans say Sun Devils 'not motivated enough' in Holiday Bowl loss
The question for Tuesday, Dec. 31, 2013 was, "Why did the Sun Devils lose to Texas Tech in the Holiday Bowl?"
A strong majority (59 percent) of the 541 total voters said Arizona State was not motivated enough to win the game, which the team lost 37-23, giving up 403 yards passing and four touchdowns to freshman quarter back Davis Webb.
The Red Raiders came into the bowl on a five-game losing streak, but their offense made mincemeat of the Sun Devils' defense Monday.
The poll's second-most popular answer was "Devils got outcoached," with 32 percent choosing this option.
Seven percent of voters said "Tech's offense was too good," and 2 percent picked "Other," for reasons we'll never know.
With the Holiday Bowl loss, ASU finished the season 10-4, ending the year on a two-game losing streak.
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Herb Sendek, ASU basketball coach - Tuesday March 11ASU basketball coach Herb Sendek discusses the Pac-12 tournament.
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was