Updated Jan 7, 2014 - 4:24 pm
Arizona State Sun Devils finish 20th in Final AP Top 25
The Devils (10-4) peaked at number 11 in the poll prior to their loss to Stanford in the Pac-12 Championship Game December 7. They followed that up with an disappointing 37-23 loss to Texas Tech in the Holiday Bowl to end the season.
ASU is one of five Pac-12 teams in the final poll, joining Oregon (9th), Stanford (11th), UCLA (16th) and USC (19th).
It's the first time ASU has finished a season in the Top 25 since 2007, when Dennis Erickson led the Sun Devils to a share of the Pac-10 championship, a 10-3 record and a number 16 ranking.
Of course, Florida State topped the poll following their 34-31 win over Auburn in Monday's BCS Championship Game in Pasadena. The Seminoles are followed by Auburn, Michigan State, South Carolina and Missouri.
The Sun Devils also finished 20th in the final USA Today Coaches Poll.
- Sun Devils ranked 18th in preseason coaches poll
- ASU's Todd Graham: 'This is the best offensive team I've been around'
- ESPN ranks ASU's Taylor Kelly and Jaelen Strong among top 100 players in college football
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Tracy Smith, ASU Baseball Head Coach - Thursday July 31ASU baseball’s new head coach Tracy Smith talks about taking over the program.
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Thursday July 31Head coach Todd Graham talks about the upcoming season of ASU football.
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.