Updated Jan 7, 2014 - 4:24 pm
Arizona State Sun Devils finish 20th in Final AP Top 25
The Devils (10-4) peaked at number 11 in the poll prior to their loss to Stanford in the Pac-12 Championship Game December 7. They followed that up with an disappointing 37-23 loss to Texas Tech in the Holiday Bowl to end the season.
ASU is one of five Pac-12 teams in the final poll, joining Oregon (9th), Stanford (11th), UCLA (16th) and USC (19th).
It's the first time ASU has finished a season in the Top 25 since 2007, when Dennis Erickson led the Sun Devils to a share of the Pac-10 championship, a 10-3 record and a number 16 ranking.
Of course, Florida State topped the poll following their 34-31 win over Auburn in Monday's BCS Championship Game in Pasadena. The Seminoles are followed by Auburn, Michigan State, South Carolina and Missouri.
The Sun Devils also finished 20th in the final USA Today Coaches Poll.
- ASU head coach Todd Graham in favor of eliminating games against FCS opponents
- Former ASU quarterback Andrew Walter loses congressional primary bid
- Arizona State has plenty of options at the Devilbacker position
- ASU football players to again participate in concussion study
- Todd Graham, Arizona State Sun Devils are ready to go
- Bill Hancock - College Football Playoff executive director - Wednesday August 27How will the playoff system impact college football?
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Todd Graham, head coach ASU football - Wednesday August 27Arizona State football coach Todd Graham discusses his team's upcoming matchup against Weber State.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday August 26Mark May shares his thoughts on the upcoming college football season.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 26Could the Sun Devils' offense be one of the most prolific in the Pac-12?