Updated Jan 7, 2014 - 4:24 pm
Arizona State Sun Devils finish 20th in Final AP Top 25
The Devils (10-4) peaked at number 11 in the poll prior to their loss to Stanford in the Pac-12 Championship Game December 7. They followed that up with an disappointing 37-23 loss to Texas Tech in the Holiday Bowl to end the season.
ASU is one of five Pac-12 teams in the final poll, joining Oregon (9th), Stanford (11th), UCLA (16th) and USC (19th).
It's the first time ASU has finished a season in the Top 25 since 2007, when Dennis Erickson led the Sun Devils to a share of the Pac-10 championship, a 10-3 record and a number 16 ranking.
Of course, Florida State topped the poll following their 34-31 win over Auburn in Monday's BCS Championship Game in Pasadena. The Seminoles are followed by Auburn, Michigan State, South Carolina and Missouri.
The Sun Devils also finished 20th in the final USA Today Coaches Poll.
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.