Former NFL exec Gil Brandt raves about ASU hiring of Ray Anderson
No, Anderson doesn't come from a background that includes leading a collegiate athletic program, but his law and business credentials are very impressive, as is his ascension to the position of vice president of football operations for the National Football League.
Gil Brandt, a longtime executive with the Dallas Cowboys, joined Doug and Wolf on Arizona Sports now on 98.7 FM Friday, and offered a completely unsolicited endorsement of ASU's hire.
"Incidentally, Ray Anderson will be a great, great, great addition to the Arizona State Sun Devils program," Brandt said. "Ray is a person that has great character, he's very bright, he's a Stanford graduate. He did a great job in the league office and it's very hard to do the job there when you've got 32 people wanting different things."
Anderson has been serving the NFL as its head of operations since 2006 following a stint as the president of the Atlanta Falcons.
"He knows how to get things done, he's been there and done it," Brandt said. "A lot of times, people have been there but they haven't done it and Ray has done it."
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- ASU quarterback Taylor Kelly caps spring with successful scrimmage performance
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- ASU's Mo Latu losing weight and gaining confidence
- ASU A.D. Anderson: New fee gives students more ownership of Sun Devil athletics
- ASU AD: Overtraining still a serious problem for student-athletes
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.