Two former Sun Devils receive honor from ESPN
After a 16-year run, the controversial system used to determine college football's national champion is being replaced by a four-team playoff governed by a 13-member committee.
With the BCS now a part of the past, many are getting nostalgic, including the folks over at ESPN.com.
Ted Miller, who covers the Pac-12 for the popular website, has put together his Pac-12 All-BCS-era team, and it features two Arizona State Sun Devils on the defensive side of the ball.
Former ASU defensive end Terrell Suggs is on the squad, as is defensive tackle Will Sutton.
Suggs, who played under head coaches Bruce Snyder and Dirk Koetter, set an NCAA record with 24 sacks during his junior season in 2002 and was named the Pac-10 Defensive Player of the Year in addition to winning a handful of national honors like the Bronko Nagurski Award, the Ted Hendricks Award and the Vince Lombardi Award.
Sutton, who just completed his eligibility at ASU, is one of only two two-time winners of the Pat Tillman Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year Award, having won the hardware in 2012 and 2013. In his four-year career in Tempe, Sutton registered 45.5 tackles for loss and 20.5 sacks, including 13 during his dominant junior season of 2012.
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- ASU quarterback Taylor Kelly caps spring with successful scrimmage performance
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- ASU's Mo Latu losing weight and gaining confidence
- ASU A.D. Anderson: New fee gives students more ownership of Sun Devil athletics
- ASU AD: Overtraining still a serious problem for student-athletes
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.