Two former Sun Devils receive honor from ESPN
After a 16-year run, the controversial system used to determine college football's national champion is being replaced by a four-team playoff governed by a 13-member committee.
With the BCS now a part of the past, many are getting nostalgic, including the folks over at ESPN.com.
Ted Miller, who covers the Pac-12 for the popular website, has put together his Pac-12 All-BCS-era team, and it features two Arizona State Sun Devils on the defensive side of the ball.
Former ASU defensive end Terrell Suggs is on the squad, as is defensive tackle Will Sutton.
Suggs, who played under head coaches Bruce Snyder and Dirk Koetter, set an NCAA record with 24 sacks during his junior season in 2002 and was named the Pac-10 Defensive Player of the Year in addition to winning a handful of national honors like the Bronko Nagurski Award, the Ted Hendricks Award and the Vince Lombardi Award.
Sutton, who just completed his eligibility at ASU, is one of only two two-time winners of the Pat Tillman Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year Award, having won the hardware in 2012 and 2013. In his four-year career in Tempe, Sutton registered 45.5 tackles for loss and 20.5 sacks, including 13 during his dominant junior season of 2012.
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.