Two former Sun Devils receive honor from ESPN
After a 16-year run, the controversial system used to determine college football's national champion is being replaced by a four-team playoff governed by a 13-member committee.
With the BCS now a part of the past, many are getting nostalgic, including the folks over at ESPN.com.
Ted Miller, who covers the Pac-12 for the popular website, has put together his Pac-12 All-BCS-era team, and it features two Arizona State Sun Devils on the defensive side of the ball.
Former ASU defensive end Terrell Suggs is on the squad, as is defensive tackle Will Sutton.
Suggs, who played under head coaches Bruce Snyder and Dirk Koetter, set an NCAA record with 24 sacks during his junior season in 2002 and was named the Pac-10 Defensive Player of the Year in addition to winning a handful of national honors like the Bronko Nagurski Award, the Ted Hendricks Award and the Vince Lombardi Award.
Sutton, who just completed his eligibility at ASU, is one of only two two-time winners of the Pat Tillman Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year Award, having won the hardware in 2012 and 2013. In his four-year career in Tempe, Sutton registered 45.5 tackles for loss and 20.5 sacks, including 13 during his dominant junior season of 2012.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- ASU head coach Todd Graham in favor of eliminating games against FCS opponents
- Former ASU quarterback Andrew Walter loses congressional primary bid
- Arizona State has plenty of options at the Devilbacker position
- ASU football players to again participate in concussion study
- Todd Graham, Arizona State Sun Devils are ready to go
- Bill Hancock - College Football Playoff executive director - Wednesday August 27How will the playoff system impact college football?
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Todd Graham, head coach ASU football - Wednesday August 27Arizona State football coach Todd Graham discusses his team's upcoming matchup against Weber State.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday August 26Mark May shares his thoughts on the upcoming college football season.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 26Could the Sun Devils' offense be one of the most prolific in the Pac-12?