Updated Jan 13, 2014 - 5:54 pm
Arizona State's Carl Bradford hires agents, to go to NFL
ASU DE/OLB Carl Bradford has signed with Athletes First. A1 NFL agents Dave Dunn & Justin Schulman will rep him for the NFL draft.— Liz Mullen (@SBJLizMullen) January 13, 2014
By signing with an agency, Bradford is deciding to forego his final season of college eligibility to enter the NFL Draft.
As a junior, Bradford finished the 2013 season with 61 tackles -- 19 for loss -- and 8.5 sacks. He was a second-team All-Pac-12 selection.
In three seasons with the Sun Devils, Bradford registered 21.5 sacks.
ASU LB Carl Bradford will officially enter the NFL Draft. We wish him and all the other Sun Devils preparing for the draft the best of luck!— Sun Devil Football (@FootballASU) January 13, 2014
"It was an honor and a privilege to coach Carl Bradford at Arizona State University. Carl leaves ASU with his degree and that is what we are most proud of," Sun Devil head coach Todd Graham said in a statement. "Additionally, with players like Carl, Will Sutton, Chris Young, Osahon Irabor and Alden Darby we built the No. 1 defense in Pac-12 Conference play and one of the top rated units nationally. We want to be known for tough, stout defense at ASU and Carl helped us achieve that in 2012 and 2013. We appreciate Carl for being a great Sun Devil and wish him nothing but the best in his future endeavors."
Bradford's departure will leave Arizona State's defense with just two returning starters from the 2013 team, which ranked fourth in the Pac-12 in total defense and seventh in scoring defense.
The 6-foot-1, 242-pound linebacker graduated in December with a degree in criminal justice.
- ASU AD Ray Anderson: 'The love and the passion for Pat Tillman is palpable'
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- ASU quarterback Taylor Kelly caps spring with successful scrimmage performance
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- ASU's Mo Latu losing weight and gaining confidence
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday April 22Ray Anderson discusses Pat Tillman's legacy at ASU.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.