ESPN: Arizona, Arizona State on pace for top-25 football recruiting classes
According to ESPN's Recruiting Nation, Arizona State enters Wednesday with the No. 18 class, while the UA checks in at No. 21 heading into the first day that high school seniors can sign a binding National Letter of Intent for football.
If things stay as projected, ASU and Arizona will land the Pac-12's No. 2 and 3 recruiting classes, behind only Stanford, which lands at No. 17 nationally on ESPN's list.
Neither school is expected to make many additions Wednesday, as the Wildcats have a close-to-full class of 30 verbal commitments while ASU's Todd Graham has earned 25 pledges to the Sun Devils. Arizona had "perhaps the best summer of any program," according to ESPN, while Arizona State has "strength at the top and depth throughout the class."
Scottsdale Chaparral cornerback Tyler Whiley headlines the ASU list of verbal pledges, followed by Texas receiver Nick Alexander and California wideout Jalen Harvey.
Rich Rodriguez's class is currently topped by Los Angeles athlete Marquis Ware, followed by Tucson athlete Cameron Denson and Los Angeles linebacker Jamardre Cobb.
- High Octane Hour with Arizona State's Graham begins next week
- ASU unveils new uniforms; is it still cutting-edge when everybody's doing it?
- ASU linebacker Marcus Washington: 'I just love hitting people'
- Arizona State Sun Devils unveil alternate football uniform
- ASU Sun Devils ranked No. 19 in AP preseason poll
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!