ESPN: Arizona, Arizona State on pace for top-25 football recruiting classes
According to ESPN's Recruiting Nation, Arizona State enters Wednesday with the No. 18 class, while the UA checks in at No. 21 heading into the first day that high school seniors can sign a binding National Letter of Intent for football.
If things stay as projected, ASU and Arizona will land the Pac-12's No. 2 and 3 recruiting classes, behind only Stanford, which lands at No. 17 nationally on ESPN's list.
Neither school is expected to make many additions Wednesday, as the Wildcats have a close-to-full class of 30 verbal commitments while ASU's Todd Graham has earned 25 pledges to the Sun Devils. Arizona had "perhaps the best summer of any program," according to ESPN, while Arizona State has "strength at the top and depth throughout the class."
Scottsdale Chaparral cornerback Tyler Whiley headlines the ASU list of verbal pledges, followed by Texas receiver Nick Alexander and California wideout Jalen Harvey.
Rich Rodriguez's class is currently topped by Los Angeles athlete Marquis Ware, followed by Tucson athlete Cameron Denson and Los Angeles linebacker Jamardre Cobb.
- ASU head coach Todd Graham in favor of eliminating games against FCS opponents
- Former ASU quarterback Andrew Walter loses congressional primary bid
- Arizona State has plenty of options at the Devilbacker position
- ASU football players to again participate in concussion study
- Todd Graham, Arizona State Sun Devils are ready to go
- Bill Hancock - College Football Playoff executive director - Wednesday August 27How will the playoff system impact college football?
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Todd Graham, head coach ASU football - Wednesday August 27Arizona State football coach Todd Graham discusses his team's upcoming matchup against Weber State.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday August 26Mark May shares his thoughts on the upcoming college football season.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 26Could the Sun Devils' offense be one of the most prolific in the Pac-12?