Updated Feb 6, 2014 - 11:43 am
ASU's Norvell: There's a great buzz about ASU
In all, 14 of the team's 26 recruits have been given a four-star rating by at least one noted recruiting news service, with 12 also being ranked in the nation's top 30 at their respective positions.
Thursday morning, ESPN ranked ASU's class as the 21st-best in the country, while Scout.com has them 16th.
"That's something that's nice whenever you hear about that or see that," Norvell told the Doug and Wolf Show on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM Thursday morning. "For us, we take a great deal of pride in our evaluation. There's times, there are some players that might not be as highly ranked that we think are the top guys in the class.
"We do a very extensive job with all our evaluation, with how a guy fits. It's great that, nationally, people see our class as one of the best out there -- and I believe it is as well -- but you just try to make sure that you're being thorough with every evaluation, and then obviously all the factors that we're looking for for great Sun Devils."
The reasons behind ASU's success on the recruiting trail are obvious. The Devils are coming off a 10-win season that saw them win the Pac-12 South, which had to be attractive to players looking for a college.
"Across this country there's a great buzz about ASU and what we're doing here," Norvell said. "And not just the wins that we're having on the field, but how we're winning."
Norvell said the Devils play an exciting style of football that "kids want to be a part of," and the results from the recruiting trail would seem to back up that claim.
"I think that was definitely a great help," he said. "It's a nice problem to have there when going into signing day and you have more people wanting to be a part of your program than spots that you have available."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- ASU hires Patrick Suddes as assistant athletics director for recruiting
- ASU's Will Sutton, Carl Bradford work out for scouts at NFL Combine
- Arizona RB Ka'Deem Carey records slow 40-yard dash time, ASU RB Marion Grice doesn't participate
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.
- Rick Neuheisel, Pac-12 football analyst - Wednesday March 5Why is the drop back quarterback losing steam in college football?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- Herb Sendek, ASU basketball coach - Tuesday March 4Herb Sendek talks about the upcoming game against Oregon, and the decision to come home in between r