West Virginia defensive coordinator Keith Patterson leaving for Arizona State
According to Metro News, West Virginia Defensive Coordinator Keith Patterson is leaving his post to take a job at ASU.
"I want to thank Keith for his two years that he spent coaching in our program," West Virginia Head Coach Dana Holgorsen said. "He was a valuable member of our staff, and we wish him nothing but the best."
Patterson previously worked as the defensive coordinator for Graham while the coach was at Pittsburgh in 2011. However, their ties go back even further than that, to when they were college roommates at East Central Oklahoma University.
It is reported that Graham previously offered Patterson a job on ASU's staff when he left Pitt, but the coordinator decided to stay and serve as the interim coach for the team's bowl game before moving on to West Virginia.
- Sun Devils ranked 18th in preseason coaches poll
- ASU's Todd Graham: 'This is the best offensive team I've been around'
- ESPN ranks ASU's Taylor Kelly and Jaelen Strong among top 100 players in college football
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Tracy Smith, ASU Baseball Head Coach - Thursday July 31ASU baseball’s new head coach Tracy Smith talks about taking over the program.
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Thursday July 31Head coach Todd Graham talks about the upcoming season of ASU football.
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.