West Virginia defensive coordinator Keith Patterson leaving for Arizona State
According to Metro News, West Virginia Defensive Coordinator Keith Patterson is leaving his post to take a job at ASU.
"I want to thank Keith for his two years that he spent coaching in our program," West Virginia Head Coach Dana Holgorsen said. "He was a valuable member of our staff, and we wish him nothing but the best."
Patterson previously worked as the defensive coordinator for Graham while the coach was at Pittsburgh in 2011. However, their ties go back even further than that, to when they were college roommates at East Central Oklahoma University.
It is reported that Graham previously offered Patterson a job on ASU's staff when he left Pitt, but the coordinator decided to stay and serve as the interim coach for the team's bowl game before moving on to West Virginia.
- Former ASU running back Marion Grice released by San Diego Chargers
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.