West Virginia defensive coordinator Keith Patterson leaving for Arizona State
According to Metro News, West Virginia Defensive Coordinator Keith Patterson is leaving his post to take a job at ASU.
"I want to thank Keith for his two years that he spent coaching in our program," West Virginia Head Coach Dana Holgorsen said. "He was a valuable member of our staff, and we wish him nothing but the best."
Patterson previously worked as the defensive coordinator for Graham while the coach was at Pittsburgh in 2011. However, their ties go back even further than that, to when they were college roommates at East Central Oklahoma University.
It is reported that Graham previously offered Patterson a job on ASU's staff when he left Pitt, but the coordinator decided to stay and serve as the interim coach for the team's bowl game before moving on to West Virginia.
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Michael Crow and Larry Scott agree that change needs to happen
- ASU president Michael Crow: compensate coaches on performance
- Arizona State picked to finish third in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.