Updated Feb 13, 2014 - 11:22 am
Arizona State and BYU agree to future football series
The former Western Athletic Conference rivals scheduled a home-and-home series, which will begin on Sept. 19, 2020 when the teams meet at Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe.
The teams will then battle in Provo, UT the following season on Sept. 18.
"This football series with Brigham Young University renews one of our oldest and most interesting rivalries," says vice president for university athletics Ray Anderson. "These two institutions and the communities they represent enjoy a long, rich history and a lot of common bonds between them. Also, it fulfills a need for us to schedule home/home series with institutions that are located in the Western portion of the United States."
The schools have met 27 times in their history, with the Sun Devils holding a 20-7 edge. The schools last played a series in 1997 and 1998, with BYU winning both games.
"It has been a priority of ours to schedule a future football series with Brigham Young University," says Sun Devil head football coach Todd Graham. "Scheduling is so important to the overall success of a program and this is the type of matchup that we are seeking to fulfill our future openings."
- Mel Kiper Jr.: ASU's Sutton, Bradford could be taken on second or third day of draft
- ASU AD Ray Anderson: 'The love and the passion for Pat Tillman is palpable'
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- ASU quarterback Taylor Kelly caps spring with successful scrimmage performance
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday April 22Ray Anderson discusses Pat Tillman's legacy at ASU.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.