Updated Feb 13, 2014 - 11:22 am
Arizona State and BYU agree to future football series
The former Western Athletic Conference rivals scheduled a home-and-home series, which will begin on Sept. 19, 2020 when the teams meet at Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe.
The teams will then battle in Provo, UT the following season on Sept. 18.
"This football series with Brigham Young University renews one of our oldest and most interesting rivalries," says vice president for university athletics Ray Anderson. "These two institutions and the communities they represent enjoy a long, rich history and a lot of common bonds between them. Also, it fulfills a need for us to schedule home/home series with institutions that are located in the Western portion of the United States."
The schools have met 27 times in their history, with the Sun Devils holding a 20-7 edge. The schools last played a series in 1997 and 1998, with BYU winning both games.
"It has been a priority of ours to schedule a future football series with Brigham Young University," says Sun Devil head football coach Todd Graham. "Scheduling is so important to the overall success of a program and this is the type of matchup that we are seeking to fulfill our future openings."
- Stagnant or statement
- What to watch for: Arizona State Sun Devils vs. Weber State Wildcats
- ASU head coach Todd Graham in favor of eliminating games against FCS opponents
- Former ASU quarterback Andrew Walter loses congressional primary bid
- Arizona State has plenty of options at the Devilbacker position
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commisioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.
- Bill Hancock - College Football Playoff executive director - Wednesday August 27How will the playoff system impact college football?
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Todd Graham, head coach ASU football - Wednesday August 27Arizona State football coach Todd Graham discusses his team's upcoming matchup against Weber State.