Updated Feb 23, 2014 - 10:39 pm
Arizona RB Ka'Deem Carey records slow 40-yard dash time, ASU RB Marion Grice doesn't participate
Though, it was hardly a showcase for either.
Carey, who led the Pac-12 with 1,885 rushing yards to go along with touchdowns in 2013, didn't exactly impress scouts with his 40-yard dash results at Lucas Oil Stadium. The former Wildcat's second time of 4.70 seconds ranked 29 of the 33 running back participants.
Despite entering the weekend with projections that he'd be one of if not the top running back taken in May's NFL Draft, Carey, according to CBSSports.com's Rob Rang, certainly didn't help himself.
The 5-9, 207-pound back's staggeringly slow time will certainly drop his draft stock, though he plays much faster than this workout indicates. He's an instinctive, determined runner with good quickness whose soft hands and grit as a pass blocker make him a weapon on all three downs.
As for the other local tailback, Grice was one of three running backs who didn't run the 40-yard dash.
- ASU unveils new uniforms; is it still cutting-edge when everybody's doing it?
- ASU linebacker Marcus Washington: 'I just love hitting people'
- Arizona State Sun Devils unveil alternate football uniform
- ASU Sun Devils ranked No. 19 in AP preseason poll
- ASU offensive coordinator Mike Norvell in line for head coaching job?
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!